GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car accident repairs during COVID-19 in the UK

icebun

Ready to race!
My other half is a Key worker and had a car accident in her VW this afternoon in the UK.

She was hit on the passengers door and wing.

Whilst still drivable the ABS light is permanently on.

We are insured with Aviva and normally we opt to go with a VW approved repairer who are all closed at the moment due to the Pandemic.

Has anyone had any experience using Aviva's approved garages as it looks to be the only option in these circumstances.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
In the States, there is some mistrust of using the insurers preferred repair facility. I allowed a repair, front corner and hood repair to be completed by my insured (GEICO) and they did a great job. Granted it was a leased Jetta that I was not particularly attached to, but had the work been of poor quality, I would have said so. I would stipulate that all materials, any body parts and paints be sourced exclusively through VW or their OEM partners, otherwise, look at the shops local reviews if you are able.

AND of course, sorry to hear about the collision, I hope she is ok and I personally appreciate that your better half is out in the middle of this putting herself in harms way, so please thank her!

icebun

Ready to race!
In the States, there is some mistrust of using the insurers preferred repair facility. I allowed a repair, front corner and hood repair to be completed by my insured (GEICO) and they did a great job. Granted it was a leased Jetta that I was not particularly attached to, but had the work been of poor quality, I would have said so. I would stipulate that all materials, any body parts and paints be sourced exclusively through VW or their OEM partners, otherwise, look at the shops local reviews if you are able.

AND of course, sorry to hear about the collision, I hope she is ok and I personally appreciate that your better half is out in the middle of this putting herself in harms way, so please thank her!

Thanks for the response and consideration.

After the initial shock, she is fine and well.

Regarding the car, after all that, the insurer has now considered this a write off and we are just waiting to hear what the settlement will be.

Kensuke

Car(s)
Cars
The mechanics have a lot of free time. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, a lot of people are just sitting in their homes. So I know that the prices decreased a lot. I think now it's the perfect time to repair your car. Anyway, the biggest tragedy in my life in this period was that I was hitten by a taxi. My beloved MK7 is crashed so hard. I was crying near the car. It was a crazy story. But, due to the lawyers from https://www.rflaw.net/practice-areas/personal-injury/car-accident/, I got the money for the car very fast. They resolved all the questions with the insurance company. Take care of yourself and your babe!

Last edited: