GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Carlos Oliveira

Sorry just realised I was being an idiot and didn't read the guides here (and that link) apologies for the dumb question

I did want to query how you guys were plugging these into the quadlock though.
The 12V and Canbus are bare wires, were as the ones for the blue plug are pinned (so presumably just push into the back of the plug)

Do you need to push out the existing connections and crimp onto those wires? apologies again I've usually done these type of things just pushing into existing terminals and not dealt with bare wire before

for CAN bus, I tap in to pins 6 and 12 from the grey connector on the Quadlock. (I don't like the solution , but seems the only way..)
For 12V, for the moment, I have connected to the fusebox at position 18 (this is the factory pin to connect the camera). I want to do it thru the back of the fusebox, as a standard connection (as the cable also bring the proper connector to that). But until now, I was not able to figure out the full puzzle to pull out the fusebox and access the back side.. (previous Golf models were much easier). so for the moment is connected at pin18 at front of fusebox with a external fuse box

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
for CAN bus, I tap in to pins 6 and 12 from the grey connector on the Quadlock. (I don't like the solution , but seems the only way..)
For 12V, for the moment, I have connected to the fusebox at position 18 (this is the factory pin to connect the camera). I want to do it thru the back of the fusebox, as a standard connection (as the cable also bring the proper connector to that). But until now, I was not able to figure out the full puzzle to pull out the fusebox and access the back side.. (previous Golf models were much easier). so for the moment is connected at pin18 at front of fusebox with a external fuse box

Thanks, yeah its the CAN bus that I don't like the idea of having to splice into, the 12v doesn't matter so much, but as you say, it seems to be the only way, and I can't see a way to make up a Y splitter for them both

jamstonmartames

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5
Hi IWMTom & Reaper1

New to the forum but you guys seem to be very clued up on the MK7's!

I've connected up my highline camera for a mk7.5 golf with a mib 2.5. (Bought from carsystems.pl)

Good Ol' carsystems.pl didn't give me any instructions with the pack, and the ones online are about as good as a chocolate teapot! Yet having looked at this forum it seems a little clearer as to how to connect these things up, but just missing a few finer details.

Carsystems have give ahighline touran which looks similar:

1587232493960.png

But then I have questions around how you're meant to put those wires (which we received raw) into slots that already being used?

1587232751223.png

I've got the 6 and 12 pins in for the blue camera configuration, but I'm left with the raw HIGH CAN, LOW CAN and 12V. Have you got any images or hints on how these should be used? Tapped, Replaced, attached to fuse, stuffed in under the existing pins :0 ?

It's taken so many hours today to get to this point and i HAVEN'T EVEN HIT THE CODING HURDLES YET!

Would appreciate any advice :)

You Tap into pins 6 and 12 in the grey connector(Thats in the quadlock connector)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AND

So the black and clear cables that are bundled together go to the blue connector as normal; this is for video.

The red goes to the 12v supply in the Quadlock connector.

The brown and yellow must be CAN HIGH and LOW - these attach to the grey connector in the Quadlock.

You need pins 6 and 12 on the grey connector, similar to how you connect to the blue connector.

As the colours don't seem to be standard, I'm unaware of which is which - you will know when you've got them the right way round, though, as the 6C module will appear in VCDS.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi IWMTom & Reaper1

New to the forum but you guys seem to be very clued up on the MK7's!

I've connected up my highline camera for a mk7.5 golf with a mib 2.5. (Bought from carsystems.pl)

Good Ol' carsystems.pl didn't give me any instructions with the pack, and the ones online are about as good as a chocolate teapot! Yet having looked at this forum it seems a little clearer as to how to connect these things up, but just missing a few finer details.

Carsystems have give ahighline touran which looks similar:

View attachment 170476

But then I have questions around how you're meant to put those wires (which we received raw) into slots that already being used?

View attachment 170477

I've got the 6 and 12 pins in for the blue camera configuration, but I'm left with the raw HIGH CAN, LOW CAN and 12V. Have you got any images or hints on how these should be used? Tapped, Replaced, attached to fuse, stuffed in under the existing pins :0 ?

It's taken so many hours today to get to this point and i HAVEN'T EVEN HIT THE CODING HURDLES YET!

Would appreciate any advice :)

AND
I just tapped into them, yes.

jamstonmartames

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5
I just tapped into them, yes.

Thanks Tom, do you know what type of connector to use?

I'm looking at these "Scotch Blocks" but unsure of the amp limit? 5,15 or 30? I'm assuming 5? The wire is so small and i'm thinking this could cut straight through it.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuse...rted-cable-lock-connectors-hef532-178681.html

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuse...e-connector-self-strip-red-hef604-704359.html

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuse...rds-cable-lock-connectors-15-amps-207563.html

Attachments

• 1587292509602.png
    1587292509602.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 141

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Thanks Tom, do you know what type of connector to use?

I'm looking at these "Scotch Blocks" but unsure of the amp limit? 5,15 or 30? I'm assuming 5? The wire is so small and i'm thinking this could cut straight through it.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuse...rted-cable-lock-connectors-hef532-178681.html

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuse...e-connector-self-strip-red-hef604-704359.html

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuse...rds-cable-lock-connectors-15-amps-207563.html

These are better IMO:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yakamoz-Electrical-Terminals-Insulated-Connectors/dp/B01NCAZD6Q

Means you can remove the cables from each other.

You'll want to use the red ones for the CANBUS wires and probably the yellow one for the 12v supply.

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
hi Look I installed it in my golf 7 in France and it works super well, if the camera is blank you will need VCP to import the parameters

jamstonmartames

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5
Yep :) so for coding on OBD 11, you need to longcode settings on the newly installed camera (6c) (it should be detected from a full scan), in multimedia (5a) you need to activate VPS and set correct msg_bus to enable the 4 side buttons/functions! and activate low line camera (5a)which ironically ended up working (as this is highline)

Thanks IWMTom too!

Attachments

• HXVD2787.JPG
    HXVD2787.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 303

tenko

Car(s)
2016 golf gti
hi Look I installed it in my golf 7 in France and it works super well, if the camera is blank you will need VCP to import the parameters

1 have fitted the new high rear camera like yours to my 2016 golf gti on which I had retrofitted a mib 2.5 and the 9.2 inch screen .my camera works great with the parking modes but I have one fault the little screen showing my front optical parking sensors does not show all I can here is the sound as I approach something it ,works perfect in reverse any help would be great

tenko

Car(s)
2016 golf gti
Yep :) so for coding on OBD 11, you need to longcode settings on the newly installed camera (6c) (it should be detected from a full scan), in multimedia (5a) you need to activate VPS and set correct msg_bus to enable the 4 side buttons/functions! and activate low line camera (5a)which ironically ended up working (as this is highline)

Thanks IWMTom too!
does your front optical sensors still show when you approach an object ,I have the same camera setup but no front sensors showing only sound. in reverse it works perfectly

tenko

Car(s)
2016 golf gti
That's a known issue. No way to resolve.
thanks for the reply looks like I could have saved money and bought a cheaper camera as I have removed the vps coding and coded it in 5f for the low camera now I get everything working except the modes ,i would rather have it that way

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
1 have fitted the new high rear camera like yours to my 2016 golf gti on which I had retrofitted a mib 2.5 and the 9.2 inch screen .my camera works great with the parking modes but I have one fault the little screen showing my front optical parking sensors does not show all I can here is the sound as I approach something it ,works perfect in reverse any help would be great

Hi my friend, no worries to help you, don't hesitate to tell me more precisely with as much detail as possible your concern so that I can help you, here, or in private as you want, because I speak French and without details sometimes I have trouble understanding, a little like or subscription to my page is always fun.