GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Forgot to post the update, but a little beast went in. EVGA GTX 1060 came out, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super went in. From benchmarks, performance is a 100-150% increase across the board.
IMG_20200404_152422.jpg
IMG_20200404_153114.jpg

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Forgot to post the update, but a little beast went in. EVGA GTX 1060 came out, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super went in. From benchmarks, performance is a 100-150% increase across the board.
View attachment 170228View attachment 170229
That is one clean ass build. I hope I get to the point where I can work at home to justify dropping some money on a clean build like that

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
That is one clean ass build. I hope I get to the point where I can work at home to justify dropping some money on a clean build like that
Thanks! I'm a sucker for aesthetics.
I'm WFH for my full time job, but that's a company-issued laptop to remote into my work PC, which is much more of a beast; dual 10C/20T Xeon CPUs, Quadro P4000 GPU, and 96GB of RAM. But even with all that, the remote desktop app makes it feel like working underwater.
My personal PC gets some WFH use as well - I have fluctuating freelance work I do. But more often that not, it's gaming and photo editing.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I nearly ordered an Acer Predator x34 the other night. I saw it on sale for about $700 and saw the stimulus relief pending in my account. I fought off the urge for now, but I really want a 34" curved ultrawide, 1440p, 100+hz, 4ms or lower, IPS monitor.

I think I missed my opportunity to get the one I really wanted. Sounds like from the choices I've been looking at alienware has the better panel, but the model I was looking at had a successor release. Now it's impossible to find the older model and the newer model is like $400 more.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'm incredibly tempted to put a deposit on the Eve Spectrum. Depending on the configuration, 27", 1440p, 144Hz, GSync/FreeSync, 1ms, IPS, P3 color, 10-bit (8-bit + A-FRC), drop-dead gorgeous.

https://evedevices.com/pages/spectrum

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Thanks! I'm a sucker for aesthetics.
I'm WFH for my full time job, but that's a company-issued laptop to remote into my work PC, which is much more of a beast; dual 10C/20T Xeon CPUs, Quadro P4000 GPU, and 96GB of RAM. But even with all that, the remote desktop app makes it feel like working underwater.
My personal PC gets some WFH use as well - I have fluctuating freelance work I do. But more often that not, it's gaming and photo editing.
I feel that. I've been working from home for the past few weeks and it's mostly windows server admin stuff so using the VMs over a vpn is shitty. What kind of freelance work is it if you don't mind me asking?

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I feel that. I've been working from home for the past few weeks and it's mostly windows server admin stuff so using the VMs over a vpn is shitty. What kind of freelance work is it if you don't mind me asking?
I'm a mechanical engineer, so I've got a couple of people that periodically come to me for prototyping design or just general CAD. It's not steady at all, just a handful of hours here and there. But it's usually fun, interesting, and a nice "break" from my full-time work.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
I'm a mechanical engineer, so I've got a couple of people that periodically come to me for prototyping design or just general CAD. It's not steady at all, just a handful of hours here and there. But it's usually fun, interesting, and a nice "break" from my full-time work.
Got it, I was kinda hoping it was programming related so I could ask you some questions about it lol. That sounds nice though and a good way to make a few bucks on the side.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Got it, I was kinda hoping it was programming related so I could ask you some questions about it lol. That sounds nice though and a good way to make a few bucks on the side.
Programming terrifies me.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI
How are your CPU temps? Heard the i9 is notorious to cool. But you got an AIO so you're probably alright.

That's a really cool case.

Thanks, man!

It idles around 95F @ 5 GHz. Can't say what it is under load. I had intended to do some OC'ing and tweaking, but got back into car stuff. lol

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Thanks, man!

It idles around 95F @ 5 GHz. Can't say what it is under load. I had intended to do some OC'ing and tweaking, but got back into car stuff. lol
Very nice! That doesn't sound like a problem child at all! My 3700X is always between 90-95F at idle.
At load, I've never seen it go above 150F.