GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Low Profile Rear Headrests - Black with White Stitching

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Looking for good condition low profile rear headrests that's black with white stitching. Thanks!

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
These are available as an OEM euro spec part; the black with white stitching (Golf R) low profile headrest is part # 5G0885901AFCMR

You can get them new through e-Acca and cars245; through the latter they run about $190 a piece new. They make a big difference in improving rear visibility.

OP: GL with your search!

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
I am unaware of anyone who makes these? You could buy the Audi headrests (A4, B7 variant 2004-2007) and have white stitching added by upholstery shop.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/rear-headrest-options.360631/
Has anyone actually done this (edit: got stitching done by a shop)? If so, how much did it cost? I see it mentioned all over this forum but have never seen a cost estimate for an R or GTI. Sorry for hijacking the thread but I figure the OP may like to know this too.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Sherlock

Car(s)
2017 Golf SEL TSI
I bought a set of oem low profile rear headrests last October from mk.7.r (member) for $305 total. They were OEM and made a big difference in rear visibility. While I thought it was pricey at the time, I love ‘em.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
This guy got them in silver stiching and provided how to get them used from Europe. It also answered my question that yes some does make them. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/rear-headrest-options.360631/page-3#post-7427418

Has anyone actually done this? If so, how much did it cost? I see it mentioned all over this forum but have never seen a cost estimate for an R or GTI. Sorry for hijacking the thread but I figure the OP may like to know this too.
Thanks!

I have not. Like you I have only heard it recommended.

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Has anyone actually done this? If so, how much did it cost? I see it mentioned all over this forum but have never seen a cost estimate for an R or GTI. Sorry for hijacking the thread but I figure the OP may like to know this too.
Thanks!

If the question you’re asking is if anyone has gone with aftermarket stitching, I’m sure someone has, but I haven’t seen any examples.

if you’re asking if anyone has purchased the low-profile euro headrests, then yes, many people including myself have. So as to not completely thread jack what OP was looking for, here are what they look like installed and the rear visibility.

13D7F7E5-F3B3-47F7-9814-19B023B4EFD7.jpeg

764B7765-611B-400C-BEDB-7B7E3AC99E2F.jpeg

Not endorsing cars245 over any other vendor, but here’s a look at available color combinations for the low profile headrests (although they have 2 new golf R black w/ white stitching (AFCMR) in stock for a decent price it seems) —

https://cars245.com/en/catalog/?q=5G0885901AF*

I’m fairly certain the ”A” denotes low-profile units and the ”F” denotes leatherette (but not 100% positive). You can play with the letter coding to see what other options there are (for example, I know there are cloth ones). ECS, DAP, and a number of US-based retailers sell these new as well (albeit usually at a higher price).

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
If the question you’re asking is if anyone has gone with aftermarket stitching, I’m sure someone has, but I haven’t seen any examples.

if you’re asking if anyone has purchased the low-profile euro headrests, then yes, many people including myself have. So as to not completely thread jack what OP was looking for, here are what they look like installed and the rear visibility.

View attachment 171406
View attachment 171407

Not endorsing cars245 over any other vendor, but here’s a look at available color combinations for the low profile headrests (although they have 2 new golf R black w/ white stitching (AFCMR) in stock for a decent price it seems) —

https://cars245.com/en/catalog/?q=5G0885901AF*

I’m fairly certain the ”A” denotes low-profile units and the ”F” denotes leatherette (but not 100% positive). You can play with the letter coding to see what other options there are (for example, I know there are cloth ones). ECS, DAP, and a number of US-based retailers sell these new as well (albeit usually at a higher price).
Made a quick edit to my post for clarity - I was referring to the aftermarket stitching.
Your headrests look great BTW.