GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobile App for new site?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
All -

This is GolfWang from before the migration, I've had issues for months and have missed being apart of these forums.

Is there a mobile app everyone is using like the old Tapatalk? I usually used that instead of going on my computer anyway.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Not that I know of, I just rarely use the forum from my phone now. The admin says it worked great in browser on the phone, but that doent give me notifiation and such which defeats the point. Im not salty at all because of it.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Works perfectly in Safari, just like on PC. I must be too old to understand this need for "mobile versions" of forums.

Tapatalk was just way more mobile-centric. There's inherent differences in the ease of use of something that is designed FOR phone/tablet use over a browser on a laptop/computer. My phone screen is too small, and the buttons are too small on this site for mobile browsing to work well. Bummer the new site doesn't have a readily integrated forum browser app :(

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I just keep the forum open on a iOS Safari tab and refresh to see notifications. Annoying but I think I’m over it now. You can always sign up for email notifications for posts you are following.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It gets annoying to have a constant chrome page up on my phone and have to refresh to reload recent posts (as opposed to tapatalk that would automatically show you the new posts), but it is what it is at this point.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Tapatalk was just way more mobile-centric. There's inherent differences in the ease of use of something that is designed FOR phone/tablet use over a browser on a laptop/computer. My phone screen is too small, and the buttons are too small on this site for mobile browsing to work well. Bummer the new site doesn't have a readily integrated forum browser app :(
I have no issue with buttons and I can view text fine. I have 2 fingers if I need to zoom in or out. What superiority did tapatalk give other than not allowing you to see sigs or location/car info? It was painfully obvious who was on tapatalk because they'd always ask dumb questions like "what car do you drive?" or "Do you have a downpipe?" when you can see see that info clear as day when not on it. Yeah, superior.....

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I use chrome for android. If its too small then use the desktop version of the site and you can zoom

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
From what I have read, it is possible to integrate XenForo (which is the forum platform the website is now using) with Tapatalk. I'm curious what was attempted/looked into by whoever manages the forum to integrate with Tapatalk.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
New site works great on Firefox Preview not the regular Firefox browser. It's way faster than Chrome and there's no ads. A person's profile etc is still visible.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
The only thing I hate about using the new site on mobile (chrome on android) is the picture viewing function. When I click on a thumbnail/attachment, it goes to like a theater view and there are only 2 states of zoom, full in (way too much) and full out. And then when I use the android back button, instead of just exiting the theater view, it goes back an entire page or back to the thread list.