GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Not sure if this is the same person as Replicate but here’s some video on TH’s YT
I couldn’t get the links above to open.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Same, I couldn’t get the links to open either. I believe I watched that video and the subframe mounts were not spoken of or installed in that video.
I’m not certain if he ever did subframe mounts but he did do a couple other videos specific to CSS swapped parts after that one.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Not sure if this is the same person as Replicate but here’s some video on TH’s YT
I couldn’t get the links above to open.

Ahh that’s what I get for reading things on my phone in a hurry. Sorry I thought it said LCA bushing. I did buy the CSS subframe mount and engine mounts. But when I checked what was on my car (Clubsport) they were already the same parts installed from factory. So I have them sitting in my gararge.
With that being the case they work well. most people with a CS don’t upgrade mounts. A dogbone insert is common though for tuned cars.

Enthusiast5587

Car(s)
16' GTI S PP 6sp
Ahh that’s what I get for reading things on my phone in a hurry. Sorry I thought it said LCA bushing. I did buy the CSS subframe mount and engine mounts. But when I checked what was on my car (Clubsport) they were already the same parts installed from factory. So I have them sitting in my gararge.
With that being the case they work well. most people with a CS don’t upgrade mounts. A dogbone insert is common though for tuned cars.

Do you happen to have a photo of the upper and lower subframe mounts that you purchased and are no longer using ? I would like to compare to a photo of the stock ones in my GTI. Also, it was stated that the part number for those mounts is (5Q0198037C). Does that look right ?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Do you happen to have a photo of the upper and lower subframe mounts that you purchased and are no longer using ? I would like to compare to a photo of the stock ones in my GTI. Also, it was stated that the part number for those mounts is (5Q0198037C). Does that look right ?

That part number is what I bought. I still have the invoice. They really don't look any different to be honest.

Attachments

• _DSF6803.JPG
    _DSF6803.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 214

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
That is interesting, because after zooming in on the part # of the photo, I see 5Q0199867. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Yes that confused me as well. The individual parts have their own part numbers but as a pair it's the number above.

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16
Hi guys, has anyone done upgrade to rear axle lower arm? From 5Q0 505 311 D to 5Q0 505 311 E

That is the only CSS component which is not mentioned anywhere

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Hi guys, has anyone done upgrade to rear axle lower arm? From 5Q0 505 311 D to 5Q0 505 311 E

Should be readily available too.
1601866157316.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

I reckon its just stiffer bushes....

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16
@Faceman thank you, didn't know that it was fitted to Arteon. I thought i will have to order whole whisbone from e-acca.
@golfdave yes,it is stiffer bush which will probably promote higher rear wheel passive steer.
If anyone had experience with it does it increase rear subframe drone or in general increases nvh?

EDIT: Arteon has same rear suspension as Golf, directly bolted subframe to BiW, really didn't know that 😲
Now I have to investigate how they mitigate that awful drone from rear subframe :cautious:

EDIT_2: My mistake they just used pictures from Golf, Arteon has bushings on rear subframe

Last edited:

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16
@Faceman
Where did you see that 5Q0 505 311 E is used in Arteon ?
Because when I look at the catalogue i get this on picture below
1601896179607.png

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
There has been a nice spreadsheet of Clubsport S part numbers going around since it came out however there are various parts it didnt address.........

Are the CSS engine mounts the same part number as the R and GTI PP ? I think they are different - probably slightly stiffer durometer rubber?
Is the dual mass flywheel the same?
Is the gear shift linkage the same as the Euro S3 part that a lot of people upgrade to?
Is there a part number for the light-weight battery?

There must be other CSS parts which can be transposed to the R and GTI ??

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
The list is pretty exhaustive tbh for the bits.

there is a different battery available, but it's basically nothing but the smallest VW oem one. I'll update tomorrow with number. Think like what the 15s were coming with, but still standard chemistry. 95% sure DMF is identical as stock. Linkage isn't even the euro S3 part stock iirc.

Biggest difference will be the aluminum subframe, the spindles, and the bushings for the camber/caster up front.