GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Took the L

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Well, my first loss happened tonight. I was driving home on highway and I could see a car coming up fast in my rear. Car got up to me and it was a black and white Range Rover, yes a range rover. We both slowed down a little and then we both punched it, it was pretty close but he got a little in front but I let off because a turn was coming on highway. After the turn there was a straight section where we both slowed down a bit, put the car in 4th, did the 3 honk thing and we both took off. It was close for a bit but the range rover pulled out after that short bit an won. I would say maybe he was a few cars ahead of me but I def took the L. I was very surprised that his suv was so fast. I don't know how fast we were going at the start, probably could have won If I started the race going slower. I would say we might have been doing 50 or 60. Oh well

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Ya i read that after I got home, assume its the fastest model 550hp or whatever, There is a huge weight diff. Range rover weight 5000-5700. Gti 3-3400. I guess if it was the 500hp version then that will make up for weighing 2000lbs more. Who knows. Maybe next time I just do 3rd gear. Seems to be the fast gear

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Jb4, e30 blend, full exhaust, fmic, cai, the rest of my mods probably dont add power

That's a healthy setup. Especially if your IATs are still lowish. You probably ran in to the 500 HP variant. I'll bet you it wasn't his first rodeo either. haha.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Likely supercharged.
Coworker has one with supercharger. We live in a day when a GTI can be out gunned by an SUV. ......or truck.

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
big turbo

Damn beat me to it.

OP I think you would have had a better shot if you were in third. You could have at least pulled on him/stayed with him for a bit before he came around you at 90+. (depending on how much your boost tapers)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
thanks for all the comments, def wanna believe it was the 500 hp version as if it was the 3xx hp version I believe it would have been a no contest or at least close as hell since the suv weighs 2000lbs more. I think next time 3rd is the move even if im rolling at 50 or 60, would have been higher rpm. One of my first thoughts was yeah i need a big turbo now haha but im not too worried yet thats most likely next years gig.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Still fun to get some pulls in, can’t win them all!

If you ever come across a Jeep Trackhawk (Yellow BBK) they’re 700hp stock.

Theres also a Jeep SRT with just shy of 500hp (slightly smaller Red BBK).

Both are very impressive for SUV

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Still fun to get some pulls in, can’t win them all!

If you ever come across a Jeep Trackhawk (Yellow BBK) they’re 700hp stock.

Theres also a Jeep SRT with just shy of 500hp (slightly smaller Red BBK).

Both are very impressive for SUV
Ya i know those srt jeeps can haul ass haha. Still fun to get a little run in

Beamer2Clean

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
was def a svr Range Rover or something. They do like 12.7 quarter mile and have good top end bc of supercharged 5.0 v8.