GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I got the cheap Amazon tow hook on the front of mine. Some how I lost the cover and was too cheap to have a new one paint matched, so tow hook it was. I like the look, but bang my shin on a daily basis on the damn thing!

Attachments

• 20200203_153300.jpg
    20200203_153300.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 122

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I got the cheap Amazon tow hook on the front of mine. Some how I lost the cover and was too cheap to have a new one paint matched, so tow hook it was. I like the look, but bang my shin on a daily basis on the damn thing!

That's cool. I have a 3D printed front plate holder on that side of my bumper so I was thinking I would just do the rear tow hook if I was going to do it. I would buy a spare tow eye cover, drill through it, and mount the post through that for a nice clean finish.. well, that was the idea.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That's cool. I have a 3D printed front plate holder on that side of my bumper so I was thinking I would just do the rear tow hook if I was going to do it. I would buy a spare tow eye cover, drill through it, and mount the post through that for a nice clean finish.. well, that was the idea.
That's actually a great idea...... great, time to spend more money..... lol.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Is there such thing as a 2020 GTI S with push-button start? I don't want a sun roof so it's not the SE that I want.. but I don't want to have to dig in my pocket to switchblade the car on either. I don't get it, even my FiST has keyless entry and push-start, climate control and everything.

I'd do lowering springs, CBE, 034 intake, JB1, one of the OZ wheels I already have, Boomba short shifter adapter, ECS pendulum mount.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Looked at 2020 GTI's the last few hours online. S comes with basically everything I'm looking for except no push-button start, no LED head lights which are a bummer, SE's do not come with plaid seats that I must have to make this purchase worthwhile, but comes with LED headlights, but also a sunroof that I don't want.

A 2019 left over Autobahn qualifies for 72 months 0% APR for a great deal, but comes with dynamic suspension which I'd prefer not to mess with as I will need to lower the ride to get the look I want.. plus no plaid seats. So there is no GTI that matches what I want.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
What about 2019 with the lighting package? That gets you the plaid seats, and the PP is already included in the S.

Thanks, I checked but there are none in my area that have the lighting package. However, there are a few 2019's with super deals.. Considering the stalling issues some of them had, I may be better off just going with the 2020.. I'm not fully committed because no push-start. I am in a cold climate and using the key is annoying in the winter time with my gloves on. I know because sometimes I get a rental car during my business trips with switch blade. hummmm...

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I get it. I do hate that the inventory search basically forces you to look for cars in your vicinity. Since I was quarantined and bored I got a ZIP code from basically every state and ran a search through their local inventory. Finally I think I just went to The dealer is local site state by state. Hell I had them register the car in Kentucky while shipping it to Kansas even though they were based out of Bethesda Maryland. 😂

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I get it. I do hate that the inventory search basically forces you to look for cars in your vicinity. Since I was quarantined and bored I got a ZIP code from basically every state and ran a search through their local inventory. Finally I think I just went to The dealer is local site state by state. Hell I had them register the car in Kentucky while shipping it to Kansas even though they were based out of Bethesda Maryland. 😂

Wow.. now that is determination!! GJ getting your ride.

I'd like to see the car that I'm buying in person and drive it around a little bit to ensure everything works before signing the papers if I can. Never know whether dealers did minor cosmetic repairs and sell as new.. I've bought many new cars in my life time and encountered all sorts of scenarios including very odd ones, so I just feel better knowing what I'm getting into.

I've been looking again this morning and while it's exciting to buy a new car right away, I'm unsure whether I'm going to commit to a brand new car with no push button start and halogen head lights in 2020. I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret buying it 5-6 months from now especially if I'm going to be replacing the FiST which has basically everything I expect in a cheap daily driver hatch and then some.. and already vetted and paid for.

I'm going to sit on this a little bit and decide later.

Last edited:

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I'm going to sit on this a little bit and decide later.
Always a wise decision!

And I came across one thing that ticked me off. There we too many holes in the front bumper under the license plate frame. I wouldn't have caught it in person until after I switched out the front plate, but I definitely get your point. Good luck, man! I hope the next gen is amazing :cool: