GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

shootspeed's 2018 VW GTI MK7.5 build

shootspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Are your coilovers spun all the way down? Really liking th quality of this build

Thank you! I'm definitely trying to keep this clean and classy.

The shop I took it to initially had it about half an inch lower than what it is now, so yeah there's definitely room to drop it a bit more (always tempting but the Aerofabb splitter already scrape on the steeper driveways).

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Thank you! I'm definitely trying to keep this clean and classy.

The shop I took it to initially had it about half an inch lower than what it is now, so yeah there's definitely room to drop it a bit more (always tempting but the Aerofabb splitter already scrape on the steeper driveways).

Drop looks perfect. If only vwr springs lowered that much. How's the ride spun 0.5" from max?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Car looks beautiful. Very clean and tasteful, keep up the good work! Also the HRE’s look fantastic.

shootspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Been a minute! A few changes...

• Swapped out Aerofabb splitter for Seibon Carbon Fiber Splitter. Slipped right in, no need for 3m tape, just 3 screws at the bottom. I also added scrape guards at the bottom, working like a charm so far.
  • Carbon fiber mudguards! Just an extra touch.
  • BFI 5mm spacers, all around. The HREs are +47 offset, so now my fitment is pretty flush. Fender screw mod was done earlier so no need to worry.
  • Removed the resonator on the APR exhaust.... just needed a bit more noise ya know?
  • Went through an Oettinger spoiler (why is it so hard to get a decent paint job!), a carbon fiber Maxton rep (fit was trash), Aggressiv spoiler (fit was ALSO trash), and went back to the Loiacono Engineering spoiler extension. What a waste of money...
  • What's left? Maybe interior... steering wheel, maybe some seats? Who knows...
7/19/21

15 -1600px.jpg