GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I said this on page 1, but watch Dark you freakin losers. Don't watch any trailers. Don't look into it. Just go on netflix and start it.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I said this on page 1, but watch Dark you freakin losers. Don't watch any trailers. Don't look into it. Just go on netflix and start it.
+1 for Dark, what an amazing piece of TV. And hard agree, do NOT watch any trailers or read up into it. There's too much to spoil.

I recently started watching The Expanse, and I'm very much enjoying it. First half of the first season was a little rough, but it's been nothing short of great from that point forward (almost done with S2).

Barry is some funny TV - it's free on HBO now.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I don't know what all the hype about this show is. I really really tried to like it and forced myself to keep watching. At some points it was it really good, but I think it could've ended in 1 season or 1 1/2 season

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you like documentaries there's a fantastic streaming channel called CuriosityStream. It was started by the same guy who started the Discovery Channel Has documentaries on virtually any topic. $20 a year. If you have an LG or Samsung smart TV it's a built in streaming app and it's available on Roku and mobile also.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Black Mirror - Series
Ozark - Series
Spy - Mini series with Sacha Baron Cohen. True story makes it even better.
"The Boys" on prime... Damn good show

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, The Boys is great! Also, the Umbrella Academy is really good.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Tales from the loop - Original Series - Amazon Prime
...and
Goliath
of course.

Last edited:

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Patriot on prime. Bosch too if you havent seen it yet.
Bosch is great.
Article in today's Tampa Bay Times: Bosch returns on Amazon for Season 6, April 17th. This one is based on 2007's "The Overlook" (where Bosch gets irradiated resulting in his Cancer diagnoses in 2018's "The Dark Sacred Night"). Should be a good one. Season 7 will be the last one it says. 😪

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
+1 for Dark, what an amazing piece of TV. And hard agree, do NOT watch any trailers or read up into it. There's too much to spoil.

You sirs both deserve this:

Just binge watched that this weekend and it was a little slow in the beginning but got going later on in Season 1 & REAL good in Season 2 (IMO) and the cliffhanger at the end was crazy. They said Season 3, which is coming, will be the last.

VERY good/interesting show.
It took me a minute to realize that the words didn't match up & that's it a German show that's been dubbed. Although, I feel, it was done pretty well

AM407

Autocross Champion
^^ There’s no such thing as dubbing that’s been done well. Get into your settings and watch it properly - in German with English subtitles. I watched the first two minutes of season 2 in English by mistake, and it was total garbage. Couldn’t grab the remote quick enough to get it fixed.

I loved the show, but did get a little frustrated with it. Kept thinking “Wow, this is awesome. Can’t wait to see how they get this wrapped up by the end of the season.”

But of course, nothing actually does get wrapped up, because, well, how could it? o_O

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^Well I meant, for dubbing, the background noise(s) seemed pretty accurate. It wasn't perfect, but I'm not a subtitle kind of guy (maybe only seen 2 subtitled movies, ever) and found it acceptable.
I didn't know it could be watched in German either, btw.

But yeah...I thought it was wrapping up this season, only to be thrown that curveball at the end. But hey...they said Season 3 WILL be the end, ha ha

AM407

Autocross Champion
Yeah, language/subtitles are in the Netflix settings. Sometimes I have to get into the Apple TV settings too.

I simply can’t watch anything that’s been dubbed. Drives me completely crazy. Not just that the lips don’t match up, but it’s like the original actor has been neutered. Even when you don’t understand the language, the original emotion comes through. The dubs just seem so cheesy and fake.

Anyway, glad to hear they have a fixed end in mind, even if it is just season 3. Nothing worse than an awesome series just kind of cruising along on life support until it fizzles out. I expect Dark to go out with a bang. Looking forward to it!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
You sirs both deserve this:

Just binge watched that this weekend and it was a little slow in the beginning but got going later on in Season 1 & REAL good in Season 2 (IMO) and the cliffhanger at the end was crazy. They said Season 3, which is coming, will be the last.

VERY good/interesting show.
It took me a minute to realize that the words didn't match up & that's it a German show that's been dubbed. Although, I feel, it was done pretty well
Glad you liked it, dude!! I didn't even know they had a dub, to be honest - I just watched it in German. I would've still picked native language, though. I watch loads of anime, so I've got no problem with subtitles.