GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have played with it but it might be to be able to adjust the sensitivity or something,

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
What's up guys, sportwagen/4mo/6mt user here. We don't have our own maestro thread (and if we did it would be dead anyway... so....).
I'm currently maestro stage2. I have a DBV2 and a southbend waiting to go in. I was planning to do the clutch and then the turbo this year (and then MPI next year since we don't have a file for it yet).

My clutch install is at best a few weeks out so I was considering doing the turbo now since I can do it in my garage.

The only file we have available for the 1.8t is an IS20 file and I'm not sure whether it'll be a good idea to run the DBV2 with the IS20 file. Could someone upload the IS38 and IS20 base files from the GTI so I could compare some of the tables to get my IS20 file closer to where it should be? Any input is appreciated.

My plan was to get it installed and just crank the boost slider way down while I get things sorted out. If it becomes more than I'm interested in messing with then I'll seek out the pros.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
More maps

Spark Retard at recognised knocking
-Looks like a map that defines how far to retard timing when it detects a knock event. $5 says Twist is the first one to mess with this.

idle speed
-map that defines idle speed based on oil and coolant temp. I might play with this one in the summer and see if I can't smooth out the AC on, stop and go, brutal vibes due to my hybrid puck dogbone.

oil pressure
-map for high oil pressure stage request. Now we can increase oil pressure at lower airmass to lubricate the turbo better as it is spooling. Map is blanked out though so no idea what units are or where to start :(

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
More maps

-Looks like a map that defines how far to retard timing when it detects a knock event. $5 says Twist is the first one to mess with this.

idle speed
-map that defines idle speed based on oil and coolant temp. I might play with this one in the summer and see if I can't smooth out the AC on, stop and go, brutal vibes due to my hybrid puck dogbone.

oil pressure
-map for high oil pressure stage request. Now we can increase oil pressure at lower airmass to lubricate the turbo better as it is spooling. Map is blanked out though so no idea what units are or where to start :(
So how exactly do you get these "maps"?

Do you simply update to the new version and reflah the car to get these feature (like activating them or inputting values in Maestro)?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
More maps

idle speed

oil pressure
Think I asked matt about that stuff an I think he had said stuff wasnt really activated, I have had those maps for a while now but havent touched them

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Open Maestro, pull up your tune file and there they are. I'm on version 6.1.1
Gotcha. So you see those features on the left hand side. I guess the only left to do is test them...

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Honestly i think Chris is slowly beginning to lose market share due to the way he markets his business. Eurodyne's website is never updated, no revision history/summary for any of the updates so customers can have some sort of understanding of what changes were made, ions to respond to messages and that's if he even responds. Frankly, I gave up on eurodyne/maestro and moved onto Cobb. Best decision I made thus far in regards to mods, yes you may not have all the options to play with for yourself but I'm not a tuner so I typically leave that to the professionals.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Honestly i think Chris is slowly beginning to lose market share due to the way he markets his business. Eurodyne's website is never updated, no revision history/summary for any of the updates so customers can have some sort of understanding of what changes were made, ions to respond to messages and that's if he even responds. Frankly, I gave up on eurodyne/maestro and moved onto Cobb. Best decision I made thus far in regards to mods, yes you may not have all the options to play with for yourself but I'm not a tuner so I typically leave that to the professionals.

Whose tune are you going to get for the AP?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It's been on the table to say the least lol.

Should I be the test bunny? Like a gofundme for my inevitable motor build to science 4 tha commooonitee?
Just have matt try them out for you