GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brushless option...

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Cliff notes, 600 bucks, with controller, flows 450 lph at 100 PSI, which I understand is the upper end of what's required pre HPFP. So, this should keep up with anything we can fit under the hood. If someone has a fuel pump basket they're not using, send it my way, and I'll throw down on this thing and see if it'll fit. Worst case, you're out one fuel pump basket you weren't using and I have a new jet pump for the betta fish.

https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Wa...0-E5LM-Brushless-Pump-Controller-550-LPH.html
https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/ti-automotive-walbro-274-vs-285-vs-295.5882/

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I saw that thing in the Radium fuel pump test and did a few google searches and looks like hardly anyone has been experimenting with it yet... looks very promising. With that super low current draw, I'm guessing it would work fine on the stock fuel pump controller too? Or maybe there's more too it, I will admit I'm not super smart on brushless pumps/controllers etc. Looks like the challenge may be the physical size of the pump....

Keep us posted on the progress!

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
It only sells with a controller, can't buy a pump without it.

:Edit: the controller it comes with takes a PWM signal and just turns it to 12VDC. What's the max current draw the oem LPFP will deal with before it shuts down?

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
First I've heard of it.... the price kinda makes it meh for most of us I think. I just saw another thread that says 17A is the max the oem controller can handle. Which based on the flow/voltage charts on Radium's website show that it could handle full powah up to around 100psi. But it seems like obviously you can't plop it in and have the stock controller control it... I'm not an expert on this stuff, but the $$$ seems to be from these custom controllers for it. And running it full blast all the time isn't really an option either. Future looks promising with brushless pumps, but still a little too new for the masses perhaps.

That said if I was going all out.... I would definitely go this route vs 525 and PM4 etc. Price difference probably isn't that much between the two and the brushless can flow so much more at less current

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Assembled 525 + PM4 is like 1300+. It's not terrible I guess for what it is.

Coming from domestic world where I'm looking at dual, triple pump, external pump setups, the idea of a single pump that can do it all and not lose any stock functionality and flow a ton is pretty appealing.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
pagparts also does the basket mods for you. No chance of you fucking it up. I think that’s worth the extra $.
Pagparts doesnt do the basket mods. Their setup still entails you using your basket but you just have to drill out the plastic welds that hold the pump in place and drop theirs in your own basket

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
well, come stimulus time, I'm gonna order one. Planning on MPI and a big boy turbo shortly after. I can either do a write up or a poorly edited youtube video. Y'all can vote on it.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Its on the way, with a tb brushless controller. I'll do an unboxing and install vid/write up.