GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Shifter Cap Replacements - OEM+ look for cheap

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the great guide and pictures. How has the plastic and leather held up over the year? The fitment looks really good, even where they wrapped the leather over the edges and corners on the center cap.
Been fine.
I also ended up buying real carbon fiber covers off AliExpress for the sides and stuck them on there with E6000 craft adhesive because the super thin 3M stuff that came on them was garbage and they fell off in a couple days.

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Been fine.
I also ended up buying real carbon fiber covers off AliExpress for the sides and stuck them on there with E6000 craft adhesive because the super thin 3M stuff that came on them was garbage and they fell off in a couple days.
Thanks! Good to know! Maybe I'll get all 3 caps in matte silver and then figure out a higher quality solution for the side inserts. They look like they're held on by 3 tabs.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Just did this today on mine. I was able to pry off the original parts without breaking any of the clips. You're gonna need a very thin and small flat head screw driver (from one of those watch/glasses repair kits) and pry it from the top. There's just enough clearance to stick the screw driver and push the lower front tabs loose.