GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Try to get some better fuel, decent timing advance but its not smooth you dont want it to look like this. https://datazap.me/u/mk7bk/18-mar-2020?log=0&data=11-25-26-27&zoom=134-149
Ill have to look into maybe buying a 55gal and running an e30 blend. Its possible i could do that and fill the 55 gallon every few months. Roughly 2-3 gallons every fill, thats 27.5 uses. If i fill up 3 times a month it will last 9 months, it can last in a drum for over a year, the hard part will be refilling and sealing

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Ill have to look into maybe buying a 55gal and running an e30 blend. Its possible i could do that and fill the 55 gallon every few months. Roughly 2-3 gallons every fill, thats 27.5 uses. If i fill up 3 times a month it will last 9 months, it can last in a drum for over a year, the hard part will be refilling and sealing
What fuel do you have available? 93? E85? If you only have 91 and running Map 1, this could be the main reason your car feels "slow". You're still getting good advance, but the torque targeting and "low" boost up top are making it feel kinda flat up there. Typical IS20 behavior.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Hi Guys. First log after FMIC, downpipe & AFE panel filter installed. Looking to do a custom Map 6. Any starting suggestions. Im in NY and use 93 but can be convinced to do maybe a E30 blend if it will make a big difference but I would prefer to stay with just 93. Ambient during this pull was low 50's, maybe 52 or 54 for reference.

Map 3 log below:
https://datazap.me/u/acorazza/log-1584820887?log=0&data=1-4

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
What fuel do you have available? 93? E85? If you only have 91 and running Map 1, this could be the main reason your car feels "slow". You're still getting good advance, but the torque targeting and "low" boost up top are making it feel kinda flat up there. Typical IS20 behavior.
im running an additive map 6, only 93 available. Which is good and all but idn maybe i'll up the boost down low. I have a stg 3 clutch and fmic, I just wanna be able to feel the power, kinda feels like a dud lol need to get to 4-5k before it feels fast idn

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there any way or "trick" to get the timing advance over 10 degrees? Seems like no matter how low IATs or zero knock on e30, that's about as high as it will go on the stock logic. I have heard meth injection with boost it up. Anyone with experience? George says the ECU will allow up to 14 degrees...