GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I think that shifter is gonna go over like a fart in an elevator. Who wants a dumb little thing like that in a car like the GTI or R? Oh well, maybe they improved the flappy paddles over the 7/7.5. :rolleyes:

It's also very similar on the 992 911's.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I think that shifter is gonna go over like a fart in an elevator. Who wants a dumb little thing like that in a car like the GTI or R? Oh well, maybe they improved the flappy paddles over the 7/7.5. :rolleyes:
It's no different than any other auto shifter in the last 20 years, it's just computer controlled object telling the ecu to swap gears. Frees up space and looks even cleaner, we have a rotary wheel in our ram it's its way better then any other shifter you can get in a truck

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If only there were a way to get a shift lever that still looks like a true connection between the driver and the automobile.

Oh, yeah...

Too bad it's still gonna need a CDV delete, a clutch stop, some solid shifter cable bushings, a short shifter and ultimately, a better clutch.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The new Audi A3 has just had its world debut and my initial thoughts are I already prefer it to the mk8 golf (although it basically is one) with the added bonus of REAL climate buttons! How retro?
9207EC40-23B8-4886-A361-E5EC9F4D9247.jpeg

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The new Audi A3 has just had its world debut and my initial thoughts are I already prefer it to the mk8 golf (although it basically is one) with the added bonus of REAL climate buttons! How retro?
View attachment 166905
I much prefer the new A3 to the mk8 Golf, although you’d probably pay a price premium for the A3 over the equivalent mk8 Golf. I also prefer the new Seat Leon and the Skoda Octavia to the mk8 Golf.

Ignoring price, and based purely on exterior looks, I’d rank them in the following order (subjective I know, but just my opinion);

1. Audi A3
2. Seat Leon
3. Skoda Octavia
4. VW Golf

Interesting that the first version of the Octavia VRS announced earlier today gets a plug in hybrid power plant (petrol and diesel versions to follow at a later date).
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/108748/new-2020-skoda-octavia-vrs-iv-plugs-242bhp
There‘s also a plug in hybrid version of the performance version fo the Leon (Cupra Leon);
https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/car...VwrTtCh2bZQX7EAAYASAAEgLglPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
View attachment 166905

I'd worry those gauge cluster vents would freeze my hands before freezing my face.

Digging that climate control screen, though. I've said it before... Monochrome dot matrix screens never go out of style, regardless of their technology or resolution.

Infotainment systems shouldn't be used for everything, and you can light those dot matrix screens in any color you light the dash buttons.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Man, I'd kill for a three pedal RS3 hatch. I'd settle for an S3, but would love the sound of that five. I realize there's a zero percent chance of this happening, of course.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
We can't have hatchback options here in America.

It's actually against the law in 37 states to drive anything other than an SUV or Truck. You are allowed to put a lift kit on your current car to stay compliant though.

I'm not saying this would be the first thing I'd buy if I came across a mountain of money, but it would be somewhere around the fourth or fifth car I'd buy.