GOLFMKV

Rear performance pack calipers

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The main benefit of PP over the Macan upgrade is wheel fitment. I've been adding wheels and wheel/spacer combos that are proven to fit to the Macan thread, but we still haven't had anyone with factory wheels be able to fit them with the Brembos. I tried with the 18" Pretorias and a 15mm spacer with no luck, so had to buy new wheels. I have no idea if Dallas or Austins will fit.

Moneyboi

They didn’t come up in my search. Out of stock for two of the part numbers I looked up on their site. Maybe special order only. I think OP is in the UK so not sure if Rock Auto would ship to him.
I am in the UK. My brakes are being fitted on Saturday so will post some pictures when they are fitted. The rear dust shield is a pain to fit on because will need to remove the main hub and thus replace bearings ect.. Does anyone know if the rear dust shields are exactly the same size? used on the the non-performance pack and performance pack or are the part numbers different? If I can get away without replacing the rear I would! would definitely save loads on labour then?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I am in the UK. My brakes are being fitted on Saturday so will post some pictures when they are fitted. The rear dust shield is a pain to fit on because will need to remove the main hub and thus replace bearings ect.. Does anyone know if the rear dust shields are exactly the same size? used on the the non-performance pack and performance pack or are the part numbers different? If I can get away without replacing the rear I would! would definitely save loads on labour then?

You can put a piece of wood behind them and hammer the lip at the outer edge flat. Easy peasy.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Wouldn’t it be adding quite a bit of unsprung weight to do big VW calipers in the rear for little braking gains? Last I read, Audis are about 15 lbs lighter per wheel over PP. Porsche maybe even lighter.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wouldn’t it be adding quite a bit of unsprung weight to do big VW calipers in the rear for little braking gains? Last I read, Audis are about 15 lbs lighter per wheel over PP. Porsche maybe even lighter.

Yep, that's why I think OP decided to do fronts instead.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

It might be the same...when was your car built & what spec??

Moneyboi

It might be the same...when was your car built & what spec??
Quick update! All the work has been done! Back did not need the dust shields to be changed as the part number from performance pack and non-performance pack was the same and confirmed was the same size when changing over!

Here is a picture of the front upgrade:
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 13.56.47.jpeg

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I just put on the big rear ECS rotors, they come with a bracket that moves existing caliper outwards. They look great and match my ST40 on the front. Quite frankly the rears dont do much stopping anyway

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can't understand why you went with PP over Macan.
20200102_144138.jpg

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I just put on the big rear ECS rotors, they come with a bracket that moves existing caliper outwards. They look great and match my ST40 on the front. Quite frankly the rears dont do much stopping anyway
Be interested to hear more about your experience with these. I'm running ST40's as well and if I do touch the rears, it will be this ECS kit.