GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warranty 101: Warranty and You - TD1, recalls, updates, Magnuson Moss, etc...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That is in part because only the computer in the Fatherland knows all the specifics and isn't talking.

We know that the computer in Germany sets the flag based on the update count ("our computer says we flashed the ECU 3 times, but the ECU is reporting 5 times") and we know it is reported to the people authorizing or denying a warranty claim when it is submitted. What isn't so crystal clear is what visibility the local techs have.

From what I've been told by corporate, the dealers in the US can't see the flags on a scan. This makes sense as it takes them out of the loop. I don't know if dealers in other countries can see the flags - certainly not on a "normal" scan.

From what you're told. Who exactly told you this from corporate? Have they every used the diagnostic and scanning tools at the dealer? Do you work at a dealer? When was the last time YOU used the dealers diagnostic and scanning tools? You keep saying "We know". Who is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket or could you have the other part of we jump on this thread and tell us what "we" know?

I have a tech and service adviser telling me they can AND a member that is a tech just confirmed they can. Do you think VW gives European dealers access to that information, not not US dealers?

Last edited:

pieterjan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI 2023 PP DSG
If you want someome give me/pm there vin, and ik wil give it a look in the system. here in EU. Maybe someone that is tuned and been to the dealer already....

File is from my car how it looks over here.

Attachments

• TD1.jpg
    TD1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 253

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're such a douche. I don't care if they can tell if you unmarry an AP or not, everyone at the dealer knows my car is tuned. I've seen this debated on the forums and I know the answer when it comes to Subarus from experience, and I'm in a place to help answer the question for the mk7. That's it.

A VW tech in this thread has just confirmed that what my friends at the dealer told me, i.e. that they CAN tell if it flags, even after you repeatedly claimed they can't with zero proof. You're the problem here, you're the one that's spreading misinformation in this thread and can't be trusted.

And let's get to the bottom of what you're really mad about. You're really mad that the VW patch didn't fix the stalling issue and I might be right that they still don't know the conditions that cause the stalls and it still may involve the ECU not getting the correct oil pressure reading.

You're a piece of work.

Is calling @cb1111 a douche necessary? He's a respected member of the forum. Both of you guys are knowledgeable and have good input but name calling is unnecessary.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
If you want someome give me/pm there vin, and ik wil give it a look in the system. here in EU. Maybe someone that is tuned and been to the dealer already....

File is from my car how it looks over here.
Thank you for checking. Tuned (and left...no back to stock) with Unitronic and to the dealer for 2 recalls and 1 warranty on HVAC recirc door. No TD1 yet.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is calling @cb1111 a douche necessary? He's a respected member of the forum. Both of you guys are knowledgeable and have good input but name calling is unnecessary.

Maybe he shouldn't call me liar for no reason?

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG