GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Raeyman_

Hey guys!

Just wanted your opinion on this order from E-Acca.
They quoted me 287 euros to buy the TCR muffler and ship it to their warehouse. It arrived yesterday and they are now saying this: "kindly note that the cheapest way for sending 5G6253609ED is EMS EUR 97.50"

Is it normal for E-acca to charge for shipping to their warehouse + shipping to the US? Also do you think that shipping cost is fair with EMS?

Thanks for the insight!.

nitromatt

Hey guys!

They quoted me 287 euros to buy the TCR muffler and ship it to their warehouse. It arrived yesterday and they are now saying this: "kindly note that the cheapest way for sending 5G6253609ED is EMS EUR 97.50"

Is it normal for E-acca to charge for shipping to their warehouse + shipping to the US? Also do you think that shipping cost is fair with EMS?

Thanks for the insight!.

Have an order with them as well for the TCR muffler, is taking a while, ordered 30/1 and they're still waiting on the muffler to arrive last I checked, when did you order yours BTW?

Had paid an amount of freight when ordering, wasn't aware there would be multiple charges though?

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds like its being dropped shipped to themselves then prepped for international shipping at their own warehouse? I encountered something similar when buying headlights from cars245 for my Fiesta ST.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys!

Thanks for the insight!.

Sounds like they worded that wrong, language barrier and whatnot. They order it from VW. VW ships it to their warehouse. They package it up and ship to you. $97.50 is you shipping charge. $287 is the price of the muffler.

Raeyman_

I ordered it the 02/06.

This was the cost plus shipping (which I though was the international shipping cost) it arrived yesterday and that's when they quoted me another 90 euros to ship it to FL.

Last edited:

nitromatt

Bump...

Is like to know too. Was it all 2019s or just the rabbits?

My muffler shipped yesterday, ETA is late next week to Australia will be able to let you know then, have lined up my normal auto shop to fit it, expecting there to be a size difference between existing piping and the TCR muffler. The shop expect a reducer will do the trick but won't know until they do the work. I have a 2019 GTI and have measured the piping to be 60mm/2.36", expecting the TCR muffler to be 65mm/2.56"

We only get 1 type of GTI down under, currently it's 180kw/370nm, 7sp DSG, new trick front dif, Golf R brakes..

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
I measured my American 2019 GTI's tubing before the muffler and got 2.55 inches (65 mm). Curious because I expected 60, so I should be good without an adapter.

Slowmk7.5

Finally installed my TCR exhaust. So far I like it, driving normal it sounds almost the same as before but when you get on it wow, and the dsg burps are loud. I've heard it will get louder overtime so most likely I will reinstall the resonator. First start up I was expecting it to be a lot louder but it was just perfect. For the price and the fact that it looks oem stock, no complaints.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I measured my American 2019 GTI's tubing before the muffler and got 2.55 inches (65 mm). Curious because I expected 60, so I should be good without an adapter.
Measured my Rabbit's stock pipes and it's 2.56" before the resonator and 2.36" after it. Weird that only Rabbits got the small pipes. Guess it's time to part it out.

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Measured my Rabbit's stock pipes and it's 2.56" before the resonator and 2.36" after it. Weird that only Rabbits got the small pipes. Guess it's time to part it out.

That is odd, I'm not sure what to make if it. I'm pretty sure I measured it right. Making the caliper smaller than 2.5in wasn't large enough to get around the tubing.

.clipse

Finally installed my TCR exhaust. So far I like it, driving normal it sounds almost the same as before but when you get on it wow, and the dsg burps are loud. I've heard it will get louder overtime so most likely I will reinstall the resonator. First start up I was expecting it to be a lot louder but it was just perfect. For the price and the fact that it looks oem stock, no complaints.

sound clips when ?

nitromatt

Received the TCR muffler today and already fitted by a local exhaust shop, very quick first impressions.

- Normal driving in traffic, no difference is tone, noise levels which is what I wanted.
- Giving the accelerator a squirt, much better sounding, louder than the Soundkator which is pleasing. It's no way over the top and did have a slight burp on upshift on the DSG, didn't have that before or perhaps couldn't hear it with the stock muffler. Didn't notice anything on downshift, but the drive was limited.

There was the piping size difference between the muffler and the existing system which was expected, exhaust shop had it all done within 30 mins. Will get under the car and take a look later on how they connected it all up.

Happy with the result after 10 mins driving, reckon the sound will develop further with some carbon build up.