GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

J.D Power's Reliability Survey

amsr

Ready to race!
IDK what to think. A friend with a golf R has had almost no issues, same with a friend with a 2015 Beetle . My 2017 Golf GTI is the most unreliable car I’ve owned, and it’s not like the other cars I’ve had have been stellar (bmws, Chrysler, other VWs). A family members Jetta has similarly been very unreliable. The inconsistency is strange for cars all on the same platform.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
IDK what to think. A friend with a golf R has had almost no issues, same with a friend with a 2015 Beetle . My 2017 Golf GTI is the most unreliable car I’ve owned, and it’s not like the other cars I’ve had have been stellar (bmws, Chrysler, other VWs). A family members Jetta has similarly been very unreliable. The inconsistency is strange for cars all on the same platform.

Assuming for a moment (just for purposes of discussion) that your experience were to apply across all production models, that would indicate a quality control issue; a manufacturer cranking out what might be great stuff, but having trouble ensuring it's always where it needs to be. This can come down to casting issues, alloy inconsistency; just about anything related to materials, really. It could also be related to technology that's not quite ready for prime time.

That's something that can happen in any industry.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie

Euro cars are a hit or miss. There is really no consistency.. but often the same with Nissans and Hondas made outside Japan.