Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^manual audis to boot! RS3 Manual hatch would be the best

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Dear VAG. Please keep the OPF out of NA bound Mk8 and 8.5Rs and give us a hatch back S3 and RS3.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
i still prefer the look of the mk7 atm, which i understand could be due to familiarity. However those tails/phalluses on the quarter panel end of the headlights are just vestigial and gross looking.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Dear VAG. Please keep the OPF out of NA bound Mk8 and 8.5Rs and give us a hatch back S3 and RS3.
The all new A3 is soon due for release, and as I understand it it will have (in some trims at least) touch controls just like the new golf and the new A6, I’m currently seriously considering buying a brand new current gen RS3 sportback before that happens, plus Audi are currently offering some good deposit contribution offers, need to get my hands on one of these 5 cylinders before everything becomes electric in the UK when (new) diesel and petrol cars are banned, which could be as early as 2030!! ?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I’ve watched quite a few mk8 Golf review videos on YouTube, and some of the reviewers have commented on many aspects of the interior representing a backwards step, and the controls being less user friendly and less easy to use on the move.

I think once a Mk8 buyer spends enough time in the car, the new controls will become more intuitive after being used to a car with buttons and knobs.

BTW, what is OPF?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I think once a Mk8 buyer spends enough time in the car, the new controls will become more intuitive after being used to a car with buttons and knobs.

BTW, what is OPF?

OPF = Otto Particulate Filter, also known as a GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter); fitted to new petrol engined cars in the European / UK market so they’re compliant with Euro 6 emissions standards. I don’t know if VW fit OPF’s / GPF’s to all their cars, irrespective of which market they’re destined for, but there’s a fair chance that all German built petrol engined (and petrol hybrid?) Golfs will have an OPF / GPF.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
at least the BSM lights have been relocated to the mirror housing and off of the glass.

The Audi models many years back had the same led on the mirror housing instead of the mirror. Damn VW

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Um....

2018_Toyota_Yaris_(NCP130R)_Ascent_5-door_hatchback_(2018-10-01)_01.jpg
vw-golf-r-spy-shots-03.jpg

C0YS

The all new A3 is soon due for release, and as I understand it it will have (in some trims at least) touch controls just like the new golf and the new A6, I’m currently seriously considering buying a brand new current gen RS3 sportback before that happens, plus Audi are currently offering some good deposit contribution offers, need to get my hands on one of these 5 cylinders before everything becomes electric in the UK when (new) diesel and petrol cars are banned, which could be as early as 2030!! ?

I hope your politicians get some sense knocked into them. It's not sustainable. If not I may buy an RS3 over there and store it for when I set up some sort of secondary vacation residence in Europe

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I hope your politicians get some sense knocked into them. It's not sustainable. If not I may buy an RS3 over there and store it for when I set up some sort of secondary vacation residence in Europe

Love the avatar, although a huge blow today about Son. But maybe you missed it, the UK is no longer part of Europe. Stick with a LHD RS3, I'd normally recommend Germany, but they seem intent on killing the Autobahn, nowhere is safe!

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Love the avatar, although a huge blow today about Son. But maybe you missed it, the UK is no longer part of Europe. Stick with a LHD RS3, I'd normally recommend Germany, but they seem intent on killing the Autobahn, nowhere is safe!

To be fair, going even 150Km/H uses quite a bit of petrol compared to 120Km/H....