GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can you tell if the turbo has been swapped from these pictures?

munkey

Ready to race!
Considering a car out of state and got these pictures. The car has an apr badge on the back.

I'm trying to see if the car is beyond stage 1 and an intake.

Can anyone tell from these pictures?

I guess next step will be asking apr.

Attachments

• 6033838261.jpg
    6033838261.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 6033838011.jpg
    6033838011.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 312
  • imagejpeg_0_05.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_05.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 303

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well if there was a pic OF the turbo, it would help. Seeing that the heat shield is there, I'm guessing no

Last edited:

munkey

Ready to race!
Well if there was a pic OF the turbo, it would help. Seeing that the heat shield is there, I'm guessing no

Thanks. Yeah I wasn't sure if there's was some telltale mod that goes with the swap.

What's with the little breather filter next to the intake?

Most likely it's apr stage 1 or 2 max.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why don't you ask the person and or dealer you're buying it from for more info.

munkey

Ready to race!
Do you know where the turbo is? (serious question)
Haha yes. My question was really if there are other signs of mods more serious than just an intake that you can see from the top of the motor. Like maybe a certain intake is used for stage 3 only, etc. I've only just started looking at these cars so I'm not sure what to look for.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
What other mods does it have? Thats another way. I still have the heat shield on my car with the is38...just ask im sure the seller wont mind answering anything

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
NEVER would I buy a car with mods. Probably abused. Nice hot air intake by the way.
Agreed, don't deal with someone else's abuse.

I got an R53 Cooper S JCW for a steal a while ago. Upgraded pulley, stage 2 clutch, tune etc. That car was in the shop literally every few weeks. After 2 years, piston shot out the block and the car was engulfed in flames.

After that, I'll never buy a used modified car again.

munkey

Ready to race!
Agreed, don't deal with someone else's abuse.

I got an R53 Cooper S JCW for a steal a while ago. Upgraded pulley, stage 2 clutch, tune etc. That car was in the shop literally every few weeks. After 2 years, piston shot out the block and the car was engulfed in flames.

After that, I'll never buy a used modified car again.

Yeah I'm a bit concerned. It's a solid deal and it has an apr bumper badge so if it's just a stage 1 with neuspeed intake, not bad. I just want the car for 2 years or so and I'll sell it and my local dealer is fairly mod friendly so I'll consider it.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'm a bit concerned. It's a solid deal and it has an apr bumper badge so if it's just a stage 1 with neuspeed intake, not bad. I just want the car for 2 years or so and I'll sell it and my local dealer is fairly mod friendly so I'll consider it.
My Mini had just a stage 2 tune. Don't buy a car that has had ANY tune. 9/10 times the former owner beat the piss out of it. Especially owners with a hot air intake.