GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf r Mk 7 issues with Stop - Start

James5678

Hello

I wonder if someone can please give me some advise on an issues I am having with my 2016 Golf r.

I've only had the car for around 2 weeks but have noticed that the stop start system on the car is very temperamental.

In a nutshell 80% of the time it doesn't work and when investigating on the in car computer it says that the "power consumption is too high" however this is on my morning commute so I am not putting my foot. Nor am I using the AD, Satnav or any other component.

Has anyone else experience this issue and any advise on sorting?

Thanks in advance James.

Ziggy

Car(s)
2019 GTI
How cold is it outside? Mine doesn't work until its throughly warmed up. Although I turn it off 95% of the time, unless I forget.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Normal, it won’t start functioning until sufficient voltage is built in order to fully power the cars systems while the engine is off.

James5678

How cold is it outside? Mine doesn't work until its throughly warmed up. Although I turn it off 95% of the time, unless I forget.
Thanks for coming back to me. It is pretty cold, only a couple of degrees. However the engine heats up pretty quicker and the commute last around 30 mins and at no point does the stop start kick in.

James5678

Normal, it won’t start functioning until sufficient voltage is built in order to fully power the cars systems while the engine is off.
Thanks for your reply

Mine still doesn’t kick in despite being on for over 30 mins on my commute too and from work.

am I worrying about nothing?

To my mind it’s a pointless feature if the car needs to be on for 30 mins plus for it to actually work.
Thanks