GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I bought all necessary parts for this upgrade, and now I'm waiting they arrive in Brazil.

Did a track day yesterday and had a off track after a 200 km/h braking due to heated brake (non PP Gti with esc off, xds off and all the vcds tweaks mentioned here)

Looking forward to test this new break setup!

Gardening sure isn't fun in a car but, it sounds like you've earned better brakes ?

Which pads and fluid?

Aluizio

Ready to race!
Gardening sure isn't fun in a car but, it sounds like you've earned better brakes ?

Which pads and fluid?

EBC yellow and Motul RBF 660. Gti with 350whp, lsd, kw clubsport 2way coilovers and A048 tires.

Had a good result yesterday, going P2 overhaul. The best car was a EVO X with many upgrades.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
With this upgrade you'll have a lot better options than EBC Yellows. Get some air ducts too.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
So......how close is too close for caliper to spoke clearance? I have probably 1-1.5mm. Can rotate the wheel with no contact.

Thinking I might need 3mm spacers.

My wheels are dirty. Don’t judge me lol
9F2A7AD9-EF16-4D8F-B903-465614D166F3.jpeg
5FF4B2CF-C01B-4731-81F7-95CBCFF88EA3.jpeg
008DEC85-ED82-4D96-BB34-8EAC50E0506A.jpeg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I think 5mm is minimum recommended space. Also, dont forget to swap your crossover tube and bleeders. Bleeders on top. Looks great with those wheels though!!!

Thanks. I definitely don't have 5mm lol.

I was just test fitting and randomly chose the passenger side because I had more space on that side to work (read: closer to the beer fridge) and whatever box was on top. I think you can just swap sides on the calipers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So......how close is too close for caliper to spoke clearance? I have probably 1-1.5mm. Can rotate the wheel with no contact.

Thinking I might need 3mm spacers.

My wheels are dirty. Don’t judge me lol View attachment 165105View attachment 165106View attachment 165104

I was looking at STI factory clearance on cars at C&C this weekend. They have 2 to 3 mm tops from factory. That's the same as I was seeing. Looked at Alfa 4c, same.

I was surprised how close the factories cut it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks. I definitely don't have 5mm lol.

I was just test fitting and randomly chose the passenger side because I had more space on that side to work (read: closer to the beer fridge) and whatever box was on top. I think you can just swap sides on the calipers.

Yes, just swap sides, don't swap hardware. You're lines won't fit correctly if you do that.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

Aluizio

Ready to race!

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I have 19x8.5 et 45. So I’ll have a few more mm