Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I totally plan on picking one of those up, but EQT came first

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Looking at this one:
https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/18070-euro-sport-front-stress-bar-vw-mk7-mk7-5-gti-golf-golf-r
Does anyone run a brace in general and have anything positive to say? Or are these a waste of money for an aggressively driven DD that sees some canyon runs?
I have the both the EuroCode front and rear chassis brace and absolutely love them. If you search around there are a few threads about the front bar and the general consensus(on the EuroCode bar) is that turn in is much quicker and the car flexes alot less, especially noticeable over uneven pavement. I have no experience with the Euro Sport brace but if it's anything like the EuroCode one then you will be able enjoy the benefits on the street.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I have the Eurocode braces as well, front and rear. I'm tempted to take them off just to see how much of a difference I can feel removing them. I do remember feeling the car tighten up after installing them, but they were installed with other suspension parts as well.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have the Eurocode braces as well, front and rear. I'm tempted to take them off just to see how much of a difference I can feel removing them. I do remember feeling the car tighten up after installing them, but they were installed with other suspension parts as well.

That gets me thinking: my suspension is already pretty tight, and the drivetrain has been stiffened.
Do you think it's worth going with just the front brace?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I have a front strut brace and it noticeably stiffed the front, whether that's beneficial is up to you. There are a couple structural points on the MQB chassis that stiffen when braced and after doing them all I would recommend the front strut bar but, only after stiffening behind the rear seats and adding trailings arms braces. Front lca and trailing arm bushes did more to fix the flex

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
That gets me thinking: my suspension is already pretty tight, and the drivetrain has been stiffened.
Do you think it's worth going with just the front brace?
Just wait for a EuroCode sale and get both, I got a good deal during a sale they were having. While your at it to get yourself a UB UBQ, it really solidifies the rear end with the rear EC bar. I also forgot to mention is the improved steering feel with the front bar installed. this was noticeable immediately.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Reducing flex at the towers improves the steering feel IMO and may have more consistent camber in corners, but a front sway bar is a completely different thing that is going to change the balance of the car and handling.

The tower brace is pretty easy to install compared to the front sway bar though. Hell, there are a lot of things easier to install than the front sway bar on our cars haha.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Strut bars and braces in general usually do precisely what they claim to do; even cheap universal units.

I don't think I've ever installed one and not noticed a difference. It's usually the rear that benefits the most in a hatchback.

The front has the firewall nearby, and sedans are often reinforced around the pass-through; but I'd be surprised if you didn't feel a difference in the steering.

It depends on what VW already put in there. I haven't really stared at anything under the hood of mine yet.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Reducing flex at the towers improves the steering feel IMO and may have more consistent camber in corners, but a front sway bar is a completely different thing that is going to change the balance of the car and handling.

The tower brace is pretty easy to install compared to the front sway bar though. Hell, there are a lot of things easier to install than the front sway bar on our cars haha.

Yeah, I'm not getting a front swaybar, because:
1. I'm not dropping the frame and not paying anyone to do it.
2. I'm not paying for a new RSB to compensate for the new FSB. :)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Yeah, I'm not getting a front swaybar, because:
1. I'm not dropping the frame and not paying anyone to do it.
2. I'm not paying for a new RSB to compensate for the new FSB. :)
At this point I've done pretty much everything other than a FSB. I'd recommend the rear bar though, at least try to grab a cheap used one if you're on the fence. These cars favor understeer A LOT from the factory for "safety".

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
At this point I've done pretty much everything other than a FSB. I'd recommend the rear bar though, at least try to grab a cheap used one if you're on the fence. These cars favor understeer A LOT from the factory for "safety".

Oh, I've been running an RSB for two years. But with a FSB I would need a beefier one than my ST 25mm.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Oh, I've been running an RSB for two years. But with a FSB I would need a beefier one than my ST 25mm.
Ooooh I getcha, I thought you had but i miss read what you said. Is the ST a 25mm hollow?

I'd be interested to see what a mid-sized FSB does to my car's balance. I've got camber and caster gains up front for traction, I could end up real neutral with a FSB. I know it's supposed to REALLY reduce roll feeling, which would be nice.

I always said if the subframe was coming down, that an S3 aluminum one was going back up with a deadset kit. A $300 sway bar becomes a $1000 sway bar + alignment really quick with that mentality.