GOLFMKV

Advice on tuning

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
So are you suggesting the TIP would flow more with the accordion hose, airbox, filter and airdam connected? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Had my dyno session to see how the IS38+ tuning is progressing cancelled on me today... ?

So I decided to do this test to illustrate what I was talking about with the TIP by itself.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Guy posted on FB group did a test on a Dyno and by removing the OEM box he gained 20whp on a eqt XL.

Reviewing dyno charts posted by many intake manufacturers for the Mk7, most of them seem to provide decent gains above 4500rpm over the stock box/lid. Much like this hose only comparison.

Could 4.5k+ be the zone for the stock box where it meets a restriction in its flow dynamics?

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Had my dyno session to see how the IS38+ tuning is progressing cancelled on me today... ?

So I decided to do this test to illustrate what I was talking about with the TIP by itself.

I think these tests are a great information resource! I really enjoy reading them.
So, a plenum or collector really does organize the airflow. But the bottom half of the factory box is a restrictive element?

Figuringitout

With the KR avg on my dashboards and boost I'm seeing 0.00 on KR and peaking around 26.xx psi boost. I have avg torque but I'm gonna swap that out. Idk how some have 6 dashboards they are super tiny.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
With the KR avg on my dashboards and boost I'm seeing 0.00 on KR and peaking around 26.xx psi boost. I have avg torque but I'm gonna swap that out. Idk how some have 6 dashboards they are super tiny.
It's mostly preference. FYI, all the torque parameters in the AP are incorrect, so they don't really do anything

Figuringitout

It's mostly preference. FYI, all the torque parameters in the AP are incorrect, so they don't really do anything
Thanks for that info. Anyone else notice the AP doesn't connect when you first turn on the car? I have to discon/recon the cable to get the dashboards to load. I have keyless entry, not sure if that makes a diff?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for that info. Anyone else notice the AP doesn't connect when you first turn on the car? I have to discon/recon the cable to get the dashboards to load. I have keyless entry, not sure if that makes a diff?
How new is your firmware? There was an update somewhat recently that enabled an auto on/off feature, which they did not have when they first came out.