GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’ve heard of some stellar 4 for 3 deals on Firehawk Indys and Potenzas at Firestone. Summer tires cheap right now I bet.

I doubt that whatever the season is changes the price structure for tires with the possible exception being if they are trying to get rid of snow tires in July. With regards to which end of the car to put new tires on the tire dealers always recommend the new tires to go on the rear. Also with regards to the more worn tires being on the rear and inducing oversteer if you have the stock sway bars the GTI will understeer regardless of the tread depth. I only get all four tires new at the same time. You just have to make sure you rotate regularly so that the tires wear out out the same time.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I HATE when it rains and I have to use an umbrella.....it gets water all over both seats AND the center console. How the crap do you guys do it? Do you keep a micro fiber towel and wipe it all up, or do you just not care? Maybe it's my OCD....can't stand water just hanging out on everything.

Where do you keep your umbrella? This Costco golf umbrella is huge too......

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I HATE when it rains and I have to use an umbrella.....it gets water all over both seats AND the center console. How the crap do you guys do it? Do you keep a micro fiber towel and wipe it all up, or do you just not care? Maybe it's my OCD....can't stand water just hanging out on everything.

Compact umbrella, goes in in the back seat floor well.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Don't use an umbrella lol

If you must, use a compact umbrella and put it in your door card. Thats that the plastic hole in the far back of the driver door pocket is for

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don't use an umbrella lol

If you must, use a compact umbrella and put it in your door card. Thats that the plastic hole in the far back of the driver door pocket is for

I usually don't use an umbrella, hence why I'm now asking 3rd grade rookie questions...lol. That's why I keep losing crap in my door card.......it's for an umbrella.....hahahaha

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I usually don't use an umbrella, hence why I'm now asking 3rd grade rookie questions...lol. That's why I keep losing crap in my door card.......it's for an umbrella.....hahahaha
I don't even own an umbrella but i keep a swiffer duster in that pocket. Its nice to have one on hand to pick up dust while waiting at red lights

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I don't even own an umbrella but i keep a swiffer duster in that pocket. Its nice to have one on hand to pick up dust while waiting at red lights
Wait..... so you are telling me that black hole to the rear of the door pocket is for an umbrella?!?!? Huh, I never made the connection! I swear I learn more and more about these cars every day!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Wait..... so you are telling me that black hole to the rear of the door pocket is for an umbrella?!?!? Huh, I never made the connection! I swear I learn more and more about these cars every day!
You got it bud. Swiffer duster and a microfiber lives in mine, that keeps other stuff from disappearing into the shadow realm. Except sometimes my garage door opener falls back there cuz its tiny

qomn

Passed Driver's Ed
I started monitoring IAT on my accessport but am not really sure whata "good" value is. Doesn't matter much in this weather, but it will eventually!