GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How do you know if they will fit or not? Or are you going by the ones that run the same pad backing plate?
Going buy same plate and pad width. I'm just guessing at this point.

I'd rather not buy 120 pins and find they don't work vs spending $10. I won't cry over that.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
What is needed to be purchased in terms of caliper bolts/screws? Any additional hardware that has not been mentioned?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What is needed to be purchased in terms of caliper bolts/screws? Any additional hardware that has not been mentioned?

They come with the pads. I just don't like the ones used.

Last edited:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion

Re-use the 21mm caliper carrier bolts that come on your car. The Macan calipers will come with the pins and pad clips.

Lines and pads are outlined in the first post.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
https://www.fastwrx.com/products/subaru-brembo-caliper-hardware-kit-front
Can anyone tell me why this is a bad idea? It doesn't have the recessed area is the Mr Pink ones.
The only thing I can think is that they might rattle?

Centric supplied similar style friction pins with their pads. I test fitted and everything performed well. The bracket is under pressure and acts like a spring so there shouldn't be rattle. The pin style was oem on the 986 brembos and was fine but I prefer the friction pins. Using a deadblow hammer and die punch make quick work of the process and it's oddly satisfying

That's 3 whole ugga duggas to tighten the carrier bolts if you're being scientific about it.
Oh yeah it almost maxes out my torque wrench, so it's not terribly accurate in that range but, it seems right based on my body weight ?

rexneffect

Ready to race!
For those that did this - did you notice if you were taking the R side macan caliper and putting it on the L side of your golf? And the L on the R?
Thanks

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
For those that did this - did you notice if you were taking the R side macan caliper and putting it on the L side of your golf? And the L on the R?
Thanks

Yes, we all noticed. The brake lines wouldn't fit if you didn't. Since all the pistons are the same size, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
How is PORSCHE applied to the caliper? Paint? Etched?

I'd like to paint these gloss black and wonder how easy it would be to cover up the lettering.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Hey all,
This thread is amazing. Has anyone done a full upgrade how-to on youtube or a blog?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hey all,
This thread is amazing. Has anyone done a full upgrade how-to on youtube or a blog?

No, but it's a pretty easy install if you've ever swapped pads and bled brakes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
GTIFAN99 nono0044 thank you for doing the legwork on what is likely the best value BBK
??

I was looking back in the TTS v Macan thread and you contributed too, so I added you to the credits in the first post.