GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Fitment - OZ Alleggerita 18x8 ET35 @GOLF GTI MK7

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
You can't remove 6mm off the hub. Not sure what you're talking about. If you want a higher offset, you'll need to find different wheels.

sandrozalla

You can't remove 6mm off the hub. Not sure what you're talking about. If you want a higher offset, you'll need to find different wheels.
Why not my friend !
If I have the enough material . For example : 20mm as thickness and then, removing 6mm , I still keep 14mm , it should be safe!!
Right ?
do you know if there is a std ??

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
VW made the hubs the thickness they are for a reason, strength. If you remove any of this thickness and something breaks or wears wrong do not blame VW. Also, you may need to reduce the length of the wheel bolts if using them. I think that you bought the wrong offset wheels.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Everyone is saying you'll be fine with that setup, why you'd want to remove material from the hub is beyond me.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Are you talking about shaving off 6mm from the wheel back pad?
You are saying wheel hub, but I think you mean wheel back pad...
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If I am, like others have said, I would not recommend shaving any material off of the wheel hub that is ON THE CAR.
However if you are talking about shaving off material from the back of the wheel that MEETS the hub on the car then that is something that can be done.
But I have no experience with that...

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Just get proper fitting wheels?

sandrozalla

Are you talking about shaving off 6mm from the wheel back pad?
You are saying wheel hub, but I think you mean wheel back pad...
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If I am, like others have said, I would not recommend shaving any material off of the wheel hub that is ON THE CAR.
However if you are talking about shaving off material from the back of the wheel that MEETS the hub on the car then that is something that can be done.
But I have no experience with that...

Hello Sr.
I Mean remove 6mm of material as shown pic attached (wheel hub -back side to meet the hub on the car).

1580224255281.png

sandrozalla

Just get proper fitting wheels?
yes my friend i know that, but unfortunately the seller sold me the wrong one. and then, there is no possibility to send back the wheel and change to correct one.
I mean :
Wrong one = ET35
Correct one = ET 45 ~48
Right ?
For that reason I believe if I gonna rework the hub wheels (removing - cut off 6mm of the material) my wrong wheels should be fit as wheels on my VW GOLF GTI mk7.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Ok yeah so I think we were all misunderstanding your question.
Yes, you CAN shave off material from the back of the wheel.
But again this is not something I have any experence with, but I know it can and has been done.
But still, the wheels as you have them right now, should work just fine.

sandrozalla

Ok yeah so I think we were all misunderstanding your question.
Yes, you CAN shave off material from the back of the wheel.
But again this is not something I have any experence with, but I know it can and has been done.
But still, the wheels as you have them right now, should work just fine.

OK my friend, really tks for your feedback !
Do you know whats the min. thickness material have to be kept as safe ?
For example = 10mm it should be good and OK ?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I am not sure about that.
Your best bet is to start Googling to get some other opinions, or reach out to some companies that would actually be able to do this for you.
I'm pretty confident you could get away with at 5mm, but anything more than that I am not so sure.
Possible? Maybe. But I don't know enough to give you a solid answer.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
yes my friend i know that, but unfortunately the seller sold me the wrong one. and then, there is no possibility to send back the wheel and change to correct one.
I mean :
Wrong one = ET35
Correct one = ET 45 ~48
Right ?
For that reason I believe if I gonna rework the hub wheels (removing - cut off 6mm of the material) my wrong wheels should be fit as wheels on my VW GOLF GTI mk7.

It depends on how wide the wheel is. ET35 on a 9" wide wheel is different than ET35 on an 8" wide wheel. Your 8" wide wheel has more clearance, and should work on your car. Try it before you put the tires on - you can test the fit of the wheel.

ET35 with an 8" wheel should work on the MK7 with 225 or 235 with tires.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Get that angle grinder out!

Smh