GOLFMKV

Any is20 guys with dragy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Walk me through this battery...which is it? Any downsides?

See my how to guide on retro-fitting a bigger battery...he has fitted the smallest OEM size which the tray will accept which is smaller that the factory recommend for your cars spec...
This size is usually for the most basic specifications with the smallest engines...

EDIT:-
usually the smallest is a 44Ah/22A....or 51Ah/280A capacity in VAG spec & it'll be circa 3kg lighter than the middle sized battery or 6kg lighter than the biggest sized battery that I have.....if you want light weight & Amps go for li-po....

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
30lbs off the nose

Braille G30C which is a 45AH (normal equivalent)……& weighs in at a whopping total of 2.5kgs....where as the smallest OEM battery (012, 012T) for the tray weighs in at 13kgs...

like I stated in my how to guide years ago..if you want the lightest go lithium..

& even better for "Armchair Racer"...they are built in Florida....

BUT they are not "OEM factory"....so he probably won't fit one....

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My car can sit for up to a week at a time if not longer

I'm quite tempted to get one as I still have "modification itchy fingers"....

My 096 AGM is circa 20kgs....but I need the AH..& finding one over here that is big enough Ah....without costing over £1,000 is difficult..

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Lol armchairs posts will now all go to an alert queue where they'll be deleted daily.
Well he actually added useful information on this thread and you haven't. The difference is that I dealt with him with civility and he has shown mutual respect. There was no reason for you to say he derailed this thread. Pretty much the most derailments have come from people coming on here to start with him

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Well he actually added useful information on this thread and you haven't. The difference is that I dealt with him with civility and he has shown mutual respect. There was no reason for you to say he derailed this thread. Pretty much the most derailments have come from people coming on here to start with him
In typical troll fashion he definitely baited the hook and was waiting for people to bite just like every other thread. Then told me to go fuck myself when I warned him on it. So now, he can waste his time replying only for the posts to get deleted.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
In typical troll fashion he definitely baited the hook and was waiting for people to bite just like every other thread. Then told me to go fuck myself when I warned him on it. So now, he can waste his time replying only for the posts to get deleted.
Should've happened 2 weeks ago TBH.

1579981155329.png

Status
Not open for further replies.