GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SAI delete?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone successfully deleted and coded out the SAI pump? I did a search and the one thread I found just devolved into 'why do you need to do that' and had no conclusion. I'm assuming a resister will be needed to fool the ECU into believing it's still there.

I'm posting here since I have an Alltrack but assuming all the SAI systems are the same.

Thanks

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Never knew anyone to do that, and I suspect if you ask the gurus they'll ask you the same thing. I couldn't find a reason to shut it off, and I'm pretty sure you'll have a permanent CEL. I figure the N-something valve could stay open too. And you would need to make sure everything is working properly for emissions testing. Why did you want to do this, since it only runs for a couple of minutes when the cat is cold?

Last edited:

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
The o2 sensor will be able to tell it isn't there as it isn't seeing extra oxygen. You'll have to tune out the code it will generate.
Diggs, idc about codes. Please point me in a direction that may have a block off plate.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Here's a few pics of the unit that mounts to the side of the head on my 1.8T. It's held on by 3 T30 Torx bolts. It's a different shape from the Mk3-6 so a custom piece will need to be made. None of the mainstream tuners currently support SAI deletes, and you will get a CEL.

Idc about the CEL. I just want it to disappear. I do not want to buy another combi valve. Once is enough.