GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I was quoted $22,850 otd for a 2017 GTI S with the manual and 40 total miles on it. It’s listed as used too, is that something to be worried about?

Also, is this a good deal?

A 3 year old brand new vehicle with 40 miles? I want the dealer to provide more information about this vehicle.

You have to provide the price break down for anyone to rate your deal as no one can guess the taxes in your area.

BigBilly

I had something similar happen with a Tiguan Sport that I bought a couple years ago. I thought it was brand new (had 100 miles on it), but the dealer had "punched the ticket for it" 6 months prior and it was supposed to be a service loaner vehicle. So it looked like it was sold and because of that the warranty had already started when they punched the ticket, although it was never titled. No one drove/used it as a service vehicle though.
I thought I was buying a brand new car, which it sort of was, but it was actually sold me to as a used car since they had showed it sold (to the dealer) already. They added the CPO warranty though and that extended it another 2yrs/24k miles or whatever.....but still, in hindsight, they should've knocked more off the price since it was sold to me as a "used car." Although it was new, it wasn't in VW's eyes since they sold it to the service department kind of deal.

In your case, it kind of sounds like the same scenario. Have them CPO it for the extra warranty, and see if you can get the price down a little bit too.
You might wanna add the selling price too, of the car itself, since we don't know the taxes/fees situation in your state.
Thanks for replies! The price breakdown I was given was this:

Price $21,078
Tax $1,383.38
License $289.25
Documentation fee $100
Total $22,850.63

Also, this is the warranty it comes with: “You would have factory bumper to bumper warranty until 3/29/2022 or 36k total miles on the odometer and factory power train warranty until 3/29/2024 or 60k total miles on the odometer.”

I know it’s not good for vehicles to sit too long undriven, is there anything I should look at specifically?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Thanks for replies! The price breakdown I was given was this:

Price $21,078
Tax $1,383.38
License $289.25
Documentation fee $100
Total $22,850.63

Also, this is the warranty it comes with: “You would have factory bumper to bumper warranty until 3/29/2022 or 36k total miles on the odometer and factory power train warranty until 3/29/2024 or 60k total miles on the odometer.”

I know it’s not good for vehicles to sit too long undriven, is there anything I should look at specifically?
What's the MSRP?

What'd they say about it being used?
And follow up question for them, has it been titled before then?
And if it is "used", why aren't they CPO-ing it?

I'd try and get the full scoop/story on the car

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Upgraded from my 2016 S to a 2019 SE last night! Here are the details:

2019 GTI SE 6MT - Dark Iron Blue

- SE Experience Package
- Rearview Mirror w/ HomeLink®
- Monster Mats® for GTI (set of 4) & Heavy Duty Trunk Liner w/ VW CarGo.
- VW Care (10,000 and 20,000 mile service)

Sticker price : $34,325.00

Selling price : $27,043.00

munkey

Ready to race!
What do you guys think is a fair price for a 2019 Rabbit in Cornflower Blue with 12k miles on it? DSG.

Most are asking between 25 and 26k but that seems too high. Is under 24k reasonable to ask?

I would just get an earlier car, a 2017 Sport or 2018 SE, but I don't like any of the colors (or the lack thereof) all that much. I can live with one of the other blues, but I'm a big fan of the cornflower.

munkey

Ready to race!
What do you guys think is a fair price for a 2019 Rabbit in Cornflower Blue with 12k miles on it? DSG.

Most are asking between 25 and 26k but that seems too high. Is under 24k reasonable to ask?

I would just get an earlier car, a 2017 Sport or 2018 SE, but I don't like any of the colors (or the lack thereof) all that much. I can live with one of the other blues, but I'm a big fan of the cornflower.

Just to update for anyone interested. A local (manual + cpo) white rabbit with 5k miles was being offered for $24800. I told the dealer with the blue one (12.6k miles) about the white car and said the lower miles and cpo should be worth close to $2k. I said I'm willing to pay around $23k and he balked and said their price is set at $25.5.

Personally I'm not willing to pay thousands just for the color so I'm walking away. If anyone is selling a 2018 se or 2019 rabbit in blue or gray, lmk lol.

dev.null.vw

Upgraded from my 2016 S to a 2019 SE last night! Here are the details:

2019 GTI SE 6MT - Dark Iron Blue

- SE Experience Package
- Rearview Mirror w/ HomeLink®
- Monster Mats® for GTI (set of 4) & Heavy Duty Trunk Liner w/ VW CarGo.
- VW Care (10,000 and 20,000 mile service)

Sticker price : $34,325.00

Selling price : $27,043.00
Just to update for anyone interested. A local (manual + cpo) white rabbit with 5k miles was being offered for $24800. I told the dealer with the blue one (12.6k miles) about the white car and said the lower miles and cpo should be worth close to $2k. I said I'm willing to pay around $23k and he balked and said their price is set at $25.5.

Personally I'm not willing to pay thousands just for the color so I'm walking away. If anyone is selling a 2018 se or 2019 rabbit in blue or gray, lmk lol.
Do you know what a rabbit adds on top of S trim? I know Rabbit has push botton start S doesn't. Now you can buy 2019 S got less than 25.5K$

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG

Just a quick nation wide search shows that the 25k seems to be the going rate for that color. I see you're from VA, there are a few within a weekends trip driving distance of you're able to work out a deal over the phone. Attached a link of one I found with significantly less miles. Don't know if it helps but good luck regardless.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...dEntity=d199&startYear=2018#listing=263742560

munkey

Ready to race!
Just a quick nation wide search shows that the 25k seems to be the going rate for that color. I see you're from VA, there are a few within a weekends trip driving distance of you're able to work out a deal over the phone. Attached a link of one I found with significantly less miles. Don't know if it helps but good luck regardless.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...dEntity=d199&startYear=2018#listing=263742560

I appreciate it, thanks. Unfortunately most of the manuals are buybacks for the stalling issue which means they should be discounted when further for having a branded title (in my opinion).

Also I really want to try a dsg this time. It will be my first automatic daily I want to see how it goes.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG

Also take into account that DSG costs more than a manual does, also most people nowadays dont know how to drive manual so a DSG might be an easier sell (since lots of people seem to be buying pre-owned these days). I agree that it should be a tad bit lower due to the higher miles, but then again its a cornflower blue. As random hobo said I would look around the US for another one, a flight there and drive back might be worth it.

munkey

Ready to race!
Also take into account that DSG costs more than a manual does, also most people nowadays dont know how to drive manual so a DSG might be an easier sell (since lots of people seem to be buying pre-owned these days). I agree that it should be a tad bit lower due to the higher miles, but then again its a cornflower blue. As random hobo said I would look around the US for another one, a flight there and drive back might be worth it.

Thanks. This one was already a flight and a 10+ hour drive, or $650+ to get it shipped. Also the car has been on their lot for six weeks already and it's in the middle of nowhere so they need someone from out of town to buy it. It's all good, I'm not totally convinced on cornflower after all and I much prefer being able to look at a car before I buy it. I'm looking at CPO '17 Sport and regular '18 SEs as well and being in NoVa, it should be a matter of time before one comes up.

dev.null.vw

I appreciate it, thanks. Unfortunately most of the manuals are buybacks for the stalling issue which means they should be discounted when further for having a branded title (in my opinion).

Also I really want to try a dsg this time. It will be my first automatic daily I want to see how it goes.
I was in your shoe. Thought I will try automatic daily. Automatics have terrible driving experience for passionate drivers. But, after gym I thank myself for getting automatic with ACC, it does a good job of getting me back home when legs are toast.

munkey

Ready to race!
I was in your shoe. Thought I will try automatic daily. Automatics have terrible driving experience for passionate drivers. But, after gym I thank myself for getting automatic with ACC, it does a good job of getting me back home when legs are toast.

Haha I appreciate it. I have other manual cars to drive when the need strikes so hopefully it will be fun to have something different. If not, I'll just move on to the next option!

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Thanks. This one was already a flight and a 10+ hour drive, or $650+ to get it shipped. Also the car has been on their lot for six weeks already and it's in the middle of nowhere so they need someone from out of town to buy it. It's all good, I'm not totally convinced on cornflower after all and I much prefer being able to look at a car before I buy it. I'm looking at CPO '17 Sport and regular '18 SEs as well and being in NoVa, it should be a matter of time before one comes up.

There is definitely an abundance of GTI's in the DMV area, you'll find one soon. Good luck!