GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Someone else with an A3 tried it and getting the same error. Maybe it’s the codes like you said.

I also don’t have module 32 which is weird since AWD does have the same VAQ diff.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I also don’t have module 32 which is weird since AWD does have the same VAQ diff.
Wow! I always thought the latest Haldex did not come with the electric LSD. I definitely did not notice increased traction outside of brake vectoring in the last S3 I drove ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I thought AWD (R) only got XDS whereas the GTI had the VAQ front diff lock option.

Both have a haldex diff, just used differently, right?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Someone else with an A3 tried it and getting the same error. Maybe it’s the codes like you said.

Why would the AWD have the VAQ unit? Thats only in GTI (not sure about FWD A3 models) as the "e-differential". The R has an open diff and tries to mimic the effect of a LSD via XDS+

Both are BorgWarner tech, but are not the same thing.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Why would the AWD have the VAQ unit? Thats only in GTI (not sure about FWD A3 models) as the "e-differential". The R has an open diff and tries to mimic the effect of a LSD via XDS+

Both are BorgWarner tech, but are not the same thing.

"32 locking electronic module security code 20103 worked for Expanded differential locking. Set to increase traction and it will increase the pressure to the VAQ and lock the diff quicker and with more force. It might increase pump noise, but that's about it."

My car has the same center diff. as the GTI that controls left and right side. So not sure why this wouldn't work?

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
"32 locking electronic module security code 20103 worked for Expanded differential locking. Set to increase traction and it will increase the pressure to the VAQ and lock the diff quicker and with more force. It might increase pump noise, but that's about it."

My car has the same center diff. as the GTI that controls left and right side. So not sure why this wouldn't work?

I think we were referring to the part when you said VAQ with AWD (Alltrack?). To the best of my knowledge, VAQ is only in FWB based cars, AWD cars got XDS or XDS+ depending on generation.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Smh y’all making me remember the ridiculous argument in another thread. Only current gen Golf/Audi that comes with the VAQ diff is the GTI with performance pack. AWD/Haldex cars do not have the diff. GTI/R (and Audi’s I believe) all come with XDS+ which is a brake-based torque vectoring system through ABS. Other models vary on whether they have XDS or XDS+

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
So disabling hydraulic brake assistance and changing the brake booster adaptation values won't work for AWD vehicles then?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
So disabling hydraulic brake assistance and changing the brake booster adaptation values won't work for AWD vehicles then?
Incorrect, you should be able to modify those values as those are just brake booster settings, not diff related. Additionally, you are able to increase the effect of the XDS system but I caution against going anywhere above the “‘medium” setting.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
For those having trouble with obdeleven and the brake settings, first ensure you are ign on, eng off (for error (31) iirc). Sometimes you may have to scroll further down under module 3 abs and “change diagnostic mode”. From there select the “VW - diagnostic mode” or something similar to that line. This would solve the (7F) error. You can then go back to adaptions and it should work properly given you have the correct security code.

opinion after changing brake booster to 0 and hydraulic brake assist to not activated: I have the 986 boxster brakes on my 1.8 and it makes the brakes feel perfectly progressive in brake power and I really enjoy the change it made. Have more confidence in my pedal now.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
That worked thanks. Now, to see if I can adjust the booster settings like in the linked autox thread. The security codes aren’t working for it

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've been able to do all the adaptions for brakes except brake booster. What code is everyone using for that one? I've tried all the ones I listed earlier that worked for the other settings.

Also, I can't find the torque limiter adaption anywhere in OBD11 for my 2019 or 2018 GTI. Did they remove it or disguise it?