GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I was using Vyletel when i had my 2016 and my service guy Jim was fantastic. Recently i got to know that he is not with the dealership anymore and moved to a different field of work.

Now that i bought my 2019 last week, i am looking for some recommendation as well.

From what i've seen Fox has good review but i have no idea really. Suburban has good reviews but i'm not a fan of them from when i had my dodge. I'm leaning towards fox but was wondering if anyone else had anything else

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Does anyone know how fox vw is for service or who has teh best service around detorit?

If you feel like venturing to Ann Arbor, the local dealer has taken great care of my car on both of its warranty visits, despite the fact that I do my own maintenance. Brandon is my guy there.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I was using Vyletel when i had my 2016 and my service guy Jim was fantastic. Recently i got to know that he is not with the dealership anymore and moved to a different field of work.

Now that i bought my 2019 last week, i am looking for some recommendation as well.

Decided to go with fox, dropping the car off tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
Canton here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deezler

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi from Superior Township (near Ypsi / Ann Arbor). Been a VW guy for my whole adult life now, but had been trading my way up in slightly to well-used cars over the years.

2003 Jetta TDI - 10 awesome years of flawless driving and modding
2004 GTI - Pretty damn solid for having 165k miles
2010 Passat Wagon - Wife's car / family hauler.
2009 GTI - was SnobrdrDan's first VW! I still have it, but she's currently for sale:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119985
https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/ypsilanti-2009-vw-gti-low-miles-clean/7003978292.html

And now, my first ever new car, a 2019 Alltrack:

Currently trying very hard not to start modding right away. Needs 18"s, a helix sub/amp, some euro bits, and a JB4. But pretty dang sweet ride already, IMO.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Can anyone in the area help me out with some minor tweaks using VCDS or OBD11.

I was planning to buy an OBD11 compatible with iOS but looks like the launch has been pushed indefinitely. I used to own an OBD11 when i had my 2016 but i dont have an android device in the household anymore.

Last edited:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Can anyone in the area help me out with some minor tweaks using VCDS or OBD11.

I was planning to buy an OBD11 compatible with iOS but looks like the launch has been pushed indefinitely. I used to own an OBD11 when i had my 2016 but i dont have an android device in the household anymore.

I'm in Detroit and have obd11

neodied

Hey all, Novi-ish area here. Bought my Lapiz Blue Mk7 R DSG as a CPO in April. How do people feel about the dealers around here for stuff like basic suspension upgrades? (sway bar, end links, bushings, etc) I've been looking at Steve's European Auto but would prefer to keep it at a dealer if they're not too annoying.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hey all, Novi-ish area here. Bought my Lapiz Blue Mk7 R DSG as a CPO in April. How do people feel about the dealers around here for stuff like basic suspension upgrades? (sway bar, end links, bushings, etc) I've been looking at Steve's European Auto but would prefer to keep it at a dealer if they're not too annoying.

That's pretty basic stuff you could do yourself, honestly.
There's a Michigan group of guys too that'll probably help you/do it for you too, just provide them some beer/food or something LOL

Steve's European Auto is a great shop, but $$$$.

boticdan

Here’s my MK7 GTI 2 door RS recently posted on the reflex silver thread.. I’m new to the game in terms of mods. Any information would help actually. Just been doing exterior mods so far. Installing HIDs next Tuesday. Y’all like my prets tho? ?
52223D0E-0C06-441F-98E9-EAB2E05A2437.jpeg

boticdan

Let us know how they hold up to the roads. What are your future plans with the car?
Wheels are holding up great so far.. We’re just getting bad weather so I’ll have to check back in after winter is over. I plan on keeping the car until it’s last mile. I eventually want to end up at a full stage 2. Definitely will be getting new spark plugs, clutch, intake, intercooler, downpipe. Any suggestions on what do to first or what I need? Like I said, I’m really new to this and any information would help. I couldn’t really find a list of what mods should be done in a chronological order, so if anyone can put a quick list together, that would be dope too!