GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you go IS20 from an IS12, you also need...

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Dumb question, but does the DP have to come out to install the turbo? Or can I just remove the vband and just pull the turbo out without touching the DP?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Thanks! I am thinking about doing just the IS20 + JB4 to get a small bump in power to not kill my clutch. I'd add a DP when eventually replacing my clutch, though.

Also, is there any way to get support from Burger Tuning for a Map 6 tune if you buy the JB4 used? I'd be willing to pay for the turning or something if that would help. I just don't want to go through the hassle of selling mine and buying a new one if I already have one in the car.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks! I am thinking about doing just the IS20 + JB4 to get a small bump in power to not kill my clutch. I'd add a DP when eventually replacing my clutch, though.

Also, is there any way to get support from Burger Tuning for a Map 6 tune if you buy the JB4 used? I'd be willing to pay for the turning or something if that would help. I just don't want to go through the hassle of selling mine and buying a new one if I already have one in the car.
If only there was a site....that had people help setup JB4 maps....one day maybe....

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

If you email George, he can walk you through setting up good map 6 settings. You'll be sending him logs and he'll reply back with suggested settings and does it for free :). Although IS20 with no other mods is common enough to find what you need by browsing these forums if you want to do it yourself. You need to make sure you have data cable to go with your JB4 if the one you have didn't come with one.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
If it's your first time take it out. Easier to work on the turbo oil line.

Aw man, looks like the driveshaft will have to come out. :(

If only there was a site....that had people help setup JB4 maps....one day maybe....

Yeah but I didn't want to spam the thread with a bunch of my logs lol. I guess I'll just focus on getting the IS20 and getting it installed, then come back and bother the forum (and George).

If you email George, he can walk you through setting up good map 6 settings. You'll be sending him logs and he'll reply back with suggested settings and does it for free :). Although IS20 with no other mods is common enough to find what you need by browsing these forums if you want to do it yourself. You need to make sure you have data cable to go with your JB4 if the one you have didn't come with one.

Can I do it over Bluetooth through the app?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I had a thing going with George for a while where I would do about 1 run per day, send that log, and he would get back to be before I would do the run the next day. That took maybe a week to get everything dialed in for a baseline.