GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any is20 guys with dragy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
The 6.0s 60-100 was IS20, APR Stage 1, JB4 stack, ~24psi, ~e23, 5 speed. Since then I've been running ~27psi+, e30, Downpipe, 6 speed.

As far as the feel, I was just barely spinning in 2nd on the 5 speed before, and now I take it for granted that I spin in 3rd on the 6 speed which is >20% longer. I swapped over to the APR IS20 software about a month ago; I haven't gotten the chance to mess with it yet, but I think I'm approaching a combo of stuff that isn't perfect but will at least work without worry with the 6 speed.

EDIT: The run I'm speaking of was before I got my downpipe. I should do another run, I'm probably in the low 5's now...
That sounds about right. Kristian was low 5's on APR is20 with the jb4 stack on the 5spd. He didn't have to shift for the 60-100. I have to shift at 93.
Is the 6spd working fine now? Did you get it all resolved?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That sounds about right. Kristian was low 5's on APR is20 with the jb4 stack on the 5spd. He didn't have to shift for the 60-100. I have to shift at 93.
Is the 6spd working fine now? Did you get it all resolved?

So far it seems like updating to the newer software has solved the low power and boost while not thinking it's in gear issue, but I haven't logged to find out if it's solved the high AFR while not thinking it's in gear issue. If it's fixed that, then the only thing remaining is the gear indicator on the dashboard being wrong, which isn't very important.

Also, for my next 60-100 run, my new 4th gear is almost exactly the same ratio as my old 3rd gear, so I'll try both starting in 3rd and shifting and starting in 4th and leaving it to see which is faster.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
So far it seems like updating to the newer software has solved the low power and boost while not thinking it's in gear issue, but I haven't logged to find out if it's solved the high AFR while not thinking it's in gear issue. If it's fixed that, then the only thing remaining is the gear indicator on the dashboard being wrong, which isn't very important.

Also, for my next 60-100 run, my new 4th gear is almost exactly the same ratio as my old 3rd gear, so I'll try both starting in 3rd and shifting and starting in 4th and leaving it to see which is faster.
My 2nd to 3rd picks up right around 57-58 mph in 3rd. So I just start in third around 45-50 for the best results

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Is dragy the most accurate android gps drag app out there ? Others have much better ratings, such as TrackAddict by HPTuners...

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Is dragy the most accurate android gps drag app out there ? Others have much better ratings, such as TrackAddict by HPTuners...
Dragy is not an app. It's a stand alone gps device. It uses an app to communicate with the device. So while people might not rate the app itself high, the dragy unit is very accurate

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Got a PR tonight. Started around 50 in third gear manual mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200114-220459_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200114-220459_dragy.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not paranoid at all. It’s just common sense based on this response of yours:
You used and emphasized the word “stock” repeatedly which, when combined with the super fast and fake 60-100 Dragy time of low 3’s, is obviously a shot at me given all the recent “stock” and “OEM” Dragy result threads I’ve been posting of late.

This is a serious thread where John is trying to obtain results to compare his car to. Is there a reason why you would use the word “stock” several times and then post a fake 60-100 time?

The timing is also suspect with several others mocking me in a very similar fashion in just this past week.

The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. Saying I’ve been banned from other groups further weakens your case.

For the record, I never once got banned for being paranoid.

For the record what have you been banned for other than being paranoid? I wouldn't have asked had you not said that. Sorry.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Dragy is not an app. It's a stand alone gps device. It uses an app to communicate with the device. So while people might not rate the app itself high, the dragy unit is very accurate
Thanks I don't care about any device. There are several android gps aps for phones, those are the only ones I am interested in. There is a "dragy" among them, but it is poorly rated. The highest rated on the playstore is "TrackAddict" by HPTuners (also mentioned on other forums as accurate), then "Drag racing HUD" by Auto Xtreme and "RaceChrono".

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Thanks I don't care about any device. There are several android gps aps for phones, those are the only ones I am interested in. There is a "dragy" among them, but it is poorly rated. The highest rated on the playstore is "TrackAddict" by HPTuners (also mentioned on other forums as accurate), then "Drag racing HUD" by Auto Xtreme and "RaceChrono".
None of them are accurate because they are relying on the phones GPS. They are just an app. Dragy has an app the connects to the device. The rating on the app has nothing to do with the accuracy. It is the most accurate way to measure acceleration outside of a Vbox. So while someone is not raring the actual app that goes along with it well, the accuracy is way better than any phone app.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
You could give TrackAddict a go, it seems to be regarded as significantly more accurate than the rest of them. The company developing it is also into motorsports and they seem to put a lot of work into improving it. I'll also try it... come summer, when the engine will feel better as well :)

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
You could give TrackAddict a go, it seems to be regarded as significantly more accurate than the rest of them. The company developing it is also into motorsports and they seem to put a lot of work into improving it. I'll also try it... come summer, when the engine will feel better as well :)
Anything that relies on the phones gps will not be accurate. Dragy uses a 10hz signal with GPS and glonass. It will get from multiple satellites at once. It has been tested to be just as accurate as a Vbox, what magazines use, and on the drag strip to be within hundredths of a second and less than 1/2 mph trap. For what it costs and how small it is, it is the best device for measuring performance gains, shift points etc. It even gives road slope and DA

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Why haven’t you tried E30 yet with your current tune? I bet it picks up at least 1 MPH.

I played with it one time on my old St1+ tune. Splash-blended ~4 gal E85 (or whatever it actually was in terms of %E) with ~10 gal of 93. Next tank I'll do it and see what kind of data I get! It was my understanding that the Unitronic tune can't really take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.