GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

lo-vw

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been a part of of this community for quite some time and seen a lot of companies come and go. So I hate to do this but I want to warn anyone else out there that might fall into their trap.

5150 is SCAMMING people !!

I purchased a tune back in May 20, 2019 and things started out great, great response, and I got a base tune right away.

9 days later that’s when things started to fall apart.

I ordered 3 maps

- IS38 93 oct map stock LPFP to run on until I get pump in.

-IS38 93 oct with upgraded LPFP Walbro 450

-E85 tune with everything installed.

I got my base map relatively quickly and had to beg and plead for months to get my second map so I could just get my car running when I had my Walbro 450 pump installed. I had the pump the day I installed the first tune but they never sent me any other maps.

I had to keep emailing them weekly/ Bi-Weekly for an update and no response.

If I did get a response it would like like “we will get right on it” Or “ can you do some more logs?” Or “What mods do you have again?” Or “Oh your email was in our spam folder” All to delay my process.

I wasn’t even asking to fine tune my current base map or anything. I just wanted the new base map with the voltages adjusted for the new LPFP so I could drive it to and from work (its a daily).

I heard nothing for months and went to their facebook page asking for help. The 5150 community said it takes some time and “its worth it”. Well not trying to be a pest I waited some more.

Now September is here and winter is approaching Michigan. I still heard nothing so I filed a PayPal dispute.

Now all of a sudden they started responding to me, shocking! Well around the end of the month I finally get my LPFP base map. I am thinking ok great they know I’m here now, its been a while, they have my “proper email address” so it won’t go in their spam, and things are moving forward I might be able to finish this all before winter.

Boy was I wrong. I lost the PayPal dispute because PayPal does not support e software services and I get ghosted again. I wasn’t even asking for a full refund just my LPFP and E85 map to be refunded. They know this and will use it against you, you are not safe!

My only option now is to try and contact them to get my e85 tune from them now my last pc of the puzzle. Well you guessed it, I still do not have this tune, and still on base maps.

You can see from their facebook page and other forums that other people are also going through similar issues like me. On top of that all car season long there are others here in the mid west that have not received everything they ordered from John and his company.

I hate to see companies like this in the VW community, or in business in general.

They still have my money and no tune. I am done with them and would love to get my money back for the E85 tune that I never received but no one from their company is responding to me anymore. I do not even have the car anymore. :(

Please do not use Jon or his company for your COBB E-Tune services. There are other companies that have been in the community a lot longer and won’t SCAM or take your money and ignore you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
File a claim with your credit card company. Regardless of it being software you paid for a service you didn't receive.

Navi

Autocross Champion
This happened to me in 2017. Got my money back through Amex. Happened to multiple people. So many threads about this. Some have been locked, some deleted. It's a known issue with 5150. Takes your money, over promise, under deliver.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This happened to me in 2017. Got my money back through Amex. Happened to multiple people. So many threads about this. Some have been locked, some deleted. It's a known issue with 5150. Takes your money, over promise, under deliver.

Oh I see. That's why I told him to dispute it with his credit card company. He only disputed it with PayPal and assumed he's out of options to get his money back.

Navi

Autocross Champion
you can also report 5150 to State of California Bureau of Automotive Repair, California Environmental Protection Agency and California Department of Consumer Affairs. Ask me how I know.

Jon will keep bsing you until the window is passed for paypal disputes. Then he completely disappears. Just get your money back.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For breach of contract I'd look into small claims court along with filing a complaint with the Secretary of State where 5150 is licensed along with the state Attorney General.

With small claims court you would have to file in the state where 5150 is otherwise if he doesn't live where 5150 is the costs will be prohibitive. If he files in the state he is in and 5150 is in another state it can't be enforced unless the owner of 5150 travels to his state and is caught. But it's not like the courts will be looking for him.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
you can also report 5150 to State of California Bureau of Automotive Repair, California Environmental Protection Agency and California Department of Consumer Affairs. Ask me how I know.

Jon will keep bsing you until the window is passed for paypal disputes. Then he completely disappears. Just get your money back.

He lost his PayPal dispute. The best bet and the cheapest way, as in free, is to file the dispute with his credit card company. That's also the least hassle and time consuming way.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Definitely dispute with CC company. It's pretty painless if you're not doing it all the time. I had rented a "Suburban or equivalent" SUV from SIXT car rental in Florida. Me and my friends lugged multiple 8 foot long fishing rod tubes from NY to Florida, took a shuttle to Sixt just to have them tell us they had no cars for us. We literally could not leave the rental car area with any car that wasn't the size of a suburban. They argued Suburban or equivalent meant anything of that value. That meant they could give us a GLC300 which would not fit any of their stuff. Body needs a suburban for the value! They need it for the size! They refused to refund me. A 15 minute call to my CC company and the charge was disputed and I got my money back. We booked another suburban from another agency and were on our way.

Talk to your CC company!

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
yet i have Hundreds of finished etunes... and in person tunes

IDK who you are since you use an alias here
PM me and ill see what i can do for you

I have been a part of of this community for quite some time and seen a lot of companies come and go. So I hate to do this but I want to warn anyone else out there that might fall into their trap.

5150 is SCAMMING people !!

I purchased a tune back in May 20, 2019 and things started out great, great response, and I got a base tune right away.

9 days later that’s when things started to fall apart.

I ordered 3 maps

- IS38 93 oct map stock LPFP to run on until I get pump in.

-IS38 93 oct with upgraded LPFP Walbro 450

-E85 tune with everything installed.

I got my base map relatively quickly and had to beg and plead for months to get my second map so I could just get my car running when I had my Walbro 450 pump installed. I had the pump the day I installed the first tune but they never sent me any other maps.

I had to keep emailing them weekly/ Bi-Weekly for an update and no response.

If I did get a response it would like like “we will get right on it” Or “ can you do some more logs?” Or “What mods do you have again?” Or “Oh your email was in our spam folder” All to delay my process.

I wasn’t even asking to fine tune my current base map or anything. I just wanted the new base map with the voltages adjusted for the new LPFP so I could drive it to and from work (its a daily).

I heard nothing for months and went to their facebook page asking for help. The 5150 community said it takes some time and “its worth it”. Well not trying to be a pest I waited some more.

Now September is here and winter is approaching Michigan. I still heard nothing so I filed a PayPal dispute.

Now all of a sudden they started responding to me, shocking! Well around the end of the month I finally get my LPFP base map. I am thinking ok great they know I’m here now, its been a while, they have my “proper email address” so it won’t go in their spam, and things are moving forward I might be able to finish this all before winter.

Boy was I wrong. I lost the PayPal dispute because PayPal does not support e software services and I get ghosted again. I wasn’t even asking for a full refund just my LPFP and E85 map to be refunded. They know this and will use it against you, you are not safe!

My only option now is to try and contact them to get my e85 tune from them now my last pc of the puzzle. Well you guessed it, I still do not have this tune, and still on base maps.

You can see from their facebook page and other forums that other people are also going through similar issues like me. On top of that all car season long there are others here in the mid west that have not received everything they ordered from John and his company.

I hate to see companies like this in the VW community, or in business in general.

They still have my money and no tune. I am done with them and would love to get my money back for the E85 tune that I never received but no one from their company is responding to me anymore. I do not even have the car anymore. :(

Please do not use Jon or his company for your COBB E-Tune services. There are other companies that have been in the community a lot longer and won’t SCAM or take your money and ignore you.

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
Do you know who Navi is? What happened there?
yes i sure do, that was years ago now
i wont tell you what i really think of Navi and the situation
however he got a refund AND i offered to finish his tune for him
Started a tune in Jan 18 was still sending maps in 3/18 when he filed disputes
he also changed emails a few times which further confused issues
there's always 3 sides to every story here