GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

Aluizio

Ready to race!
One of the main benefits of running the Brembos is the inceased availability of pad options and the ease of swapping to track specific pads.

EBC yellow is not what you want. Get some Power Stop Z26 for steet and get a real track pad to swap in for track.

I’ll search the Power Stop. Any recommendation for track pads (I remember you listed one in a previous post)?

For my info, what’s the problem with the EBC?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I would like to get this figured out guys..Personally a BBK is my next purchase. But for the price of these things its just insane when you are trying to budget 2 cars lol
What's crazy? These are the cheapest bbk if not one of the cheapest you can get for a mk7

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’ll search the Power Stop. Any recommendation for track pads (I remember you listed one in a previous post)?

For my info, what’s the problem with the EBC?

EBC Yellow are terrible and will literally disintegrate if you are halfway a halfway decent driver on track. They are a street compound that they say is trackable.

I'm trying Power Stops Track Day pad, but I really wanted to try their Track Day Spec pad, which is a full track pad, but they don't make it in this Brembo size. I'm emailing them to ask if they can do so.

Aluizio

Ready to race!
I’m not a professional driver, but I have good times at the track days I participate.
Usually between the top 3 FWD cars.
I have never seen they disintegrate, but they starts to...
Anyway, I can do just 2 hot laps and them one or two cool down... so if I do more than that they will probably disintegrate

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I only asked about the 17" offerings. Sorry.

So Konig told me that the 18x8.5 +43 Hypergrams will not clear the calipers. Testing the template on my Dekagrams, it looks like they won't clear either.

Going to haul one of the wheels to the garage tomorrow and do a quick test fit. If my Dekagrams don't fit, I'm going to commit sudoku

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So Konig told me that the 18x8.5 +43 Hypergrams will not clear the calipers. Testing the template on my Dekagrams, it looks like they won't clear either.

Going to haul one of the wheels to the garage tomorrow and do a quick test fit. If my Dekagrams don't fit, I'm going to commit sudoku

You're going to place 1-10 on a square 10x10 board?

(If you commit seppuku, dibs on your brakes!)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Or just get 5mm spacers until you can get some wheels that fit. It'll be ok. That's what I'm doing.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Or just get 5mm spacers until you can get some wheels that fit. It'll be ok. That's what I'm doing.
This is the reply from Konig regarding the 18x8.5 Hypergrams: "Currently the Hypergram number you me would need about 15mm of spacing to clear the brake and another 3mm of spacing to have the required safe spacing distance for the brake. "

I can't run 15mm spacers as my studs might be too short. Haven't had a chance to actually try to Dekagrams (and I have 5mm spacers to try), as it was raining so hard my backyard was flooded.

Hate to state the obvious, but wheel fitment. :p

lol thought he was saying the brake pads were not figured out since thats what you guys were talking about when he commented

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere but not seeing it - where's the fit template? Need to see if my VMRs will even come close to fitting!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere but not seeing it - where's the fit template? Need to see if my VMRs will even come close to fitting!

Post 71

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This is the reply from Konig regarding the 18x8.5 Hypergrams: "Currently the Hypergram number you me would need about 15mm of spacing to clear the brake and another 3mm of spacing to have the required safe spacing distance for the brake. "

I can't run 15mm spacers as my studs might be too short. Haven't had a chance to actually try to Dekagrams (and I have 5mm spacers to try), as it was raining so hard my backyard was flooded.

lol thought he was saying the brake pads were not figured out since thats what you guys were talking about when he commented

My 17 x 7.5 ET 45 Runlites fit with 10mm spacer.

I can't imagine your deka grams needing 15mm. The Pretorias needed 15mm and I just want willing to run that big a spacer. But the Pretorias are 17 x 7.5 et 51. Just test fit your wheels with the 5mm.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
My 17 x 7.5 ET 45 Runlites fit with 10mm spacer.

I can't imagine your deka grams needing 15mm. The Pretorias needed 15mm and I just want willing to run that big a spacer. But the Pretorias are 17 x 7.5 et 51. Just test fit your wheels with the 5mm.

Yeah I definitely feel like the template is not the same for us than it is on an A4. I'll try later today.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Dekagrams did not fit with 5mm spacer. Looks like they could maybe clear with 8mm, but definitely 10mm.

Hoping to get my hands on some to test shortly.

While I had the wheels off, went to check the brake pads regarding the "pad overhang on 340mm rotors" concern. Definitely no lip on the pad as they sit like 1mm from the edge of the rotor. No overhang at all. Wear is pretty even for non-staggered pistons, but they've only been used for commuting.
20200112_152439.jpg
20200112_152502.jpg

Last edited: