GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Reflex Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Finally our Beetle and GTI arrived in Germany and cleared customs. Drove them home through good old Germany on Ohio plates...

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Finally our Beetle and GTI arrived in Germany and cleared customs. Drove them home through good old Germany on Ohio plates...

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost roughly to get your car into Europe?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
We shipped in a shared container from New York to Bremerhaven. Shipping per car $750 + fees for documentation, port handling, custom handling + insurance 0.8% of vehicle value = total: 1226€/car. No import duty because moving goods.

To get it registered you need to replace lights with e-approved variants, add headlight washers if LP, get a TÜV vehicle datasheet, get a 21 TÜV inspection, apply for new title at the German DMV.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Haven't seen any MK7 Reflex Silver GTI's with OEM Black Pretorias. Got mine installed yesterday! Here's my whip. ?

Unicorn. Gave up on trying to find this spec and got the 4 door :(

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Two-door GTIs! Years from now people will be telling their grand-kids either they owned one and foolishly sold it, or they never owned one and wished they had. I'm there already. Where the hell is my Clubsport!
I still own a 2 door mk4 24v vr6. Haven’t foolishly sold it yet haha.

enderwaves

8D3953F1-28CD-4287-98EC-269A7AE2F475.jpeg

here’s my silver Sport playing on WV backroads just after i bought it in August ‘17. She’s stayed stock with just summer tires to help with the fun ever since, and it’s finally time to start ordering some fun parts.

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
Hey everyone,
Joined the MK7 family in August. I'm a complete noob admittedly, but have fallen completely in love with the car. I've been enjoying reading threads, looking at pics and getting ideas, though only just joined the forum yesterday. I've heard silver isn't a very "popular" color but that just means unique. A chance to do do something different maybe. That being said, I've got some ideas for future mods although not a clear path to take. Right now I've only got a budget for cosmetic mods. I have a couple questions to pose. What is a good path to take with some performance mods when I'm able to? Also what are some diy cosmetic ideas and/or colors that would compliment the silver? I like the black/silver combo and that would be easy but purple is also intriguing so I'm open to ideas.

Attachments

• IMG0093A.jpg
    IMG0093A.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 189

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Also what are some diy cosmetic ideas and/or colors that would compliment the silver? I like the black/silver combo and that would be easy but purple is also intriguing so I'm open to ideas.
Bronze wheels DO look good with silver. Also I’d recommend performance mods first. If your car looks cool/custom, i.e. fast you’re going to get frustrated by getting your doors blown off by minivans because everyone will try you. When I leave even my roofracks on longer than needed people try me ( but I can roast most passenger cars. )

Attachments

• 49CB11C2-50D5-4A4A-86B5-3262B9147E76.png
    49CB11C2-50D5-4A4A-86B5-3262B9147E76.png
    9 MB · Views: 237

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
Bronze wheels DO look good with silver. Also I’d recommend performance mods first. If your car looks cool/custom, i.e. fast you’re going to get frustrated by getting your doors blown off by minivans because everyone will try you. When I leave even my roofracks on longer than needed people try me ( but I can roast most passenger cars. )
Thanks for the feedback. I think you have a good point as far as performance prior to styling. I have a feeling that I'm coming down with a "bug" and am going to enjoy building my ride.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Thanks for the feedback. I think you have a good point as far as performance prior to styling. I have a feeling that I'm coming down with a "bug" and am going to enjoy building my ride.
Everytime I decide I’m gonna get new lights, rear lip, etc I end up just getting another performance mod lol. I guess a lot of performance mods do reflect cosmetically though; FMIC, lowered suspension, light weight wheels, exhaust etc.