GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conti ECS Only Gave Me 13k Miles

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
I think I will be able to squeeze 20k miles out of mine. I was really surprised how much toe in the stock alignment specs allow when I got my alignment. Next time, I'll have them set the toe to the minimum spec.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
This^^^ when I pulled mine off that worn out. I suspected I needed to get realigned with minimal toe.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I think I put about 15k on my ECS of daily driving plus one AutoX, and when I sold them they looked like this:

20190224_101559 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

You can see wear from the AutoX which was months before I sold them, but they held up way better than what OP experienced.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I think I put about 15k on my ECS of daily driving plus one AutoX, and when I sold them they looked like this.

You can see wear from the AutoX which was months before I sold them, but they held up way better than what OP experienced.

Yeah I don't know what to tell you. Mine wore like shit.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
The perfectly aligned front tyres on the Corrado last about 8,000 miles no matter what brand or model I buy. 200 lbft, front wheel drive and a heavy right foot does this.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Yeah I don't know what to tell you. Mine wore like shit.
I'm not saying you didn't have that experience, but when I did research before buying the ECS I had only seen very reasonable mileage numbers from people. That sucks because they are a great cheap tire for sure.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I have I think 13k miles on mine right now, with a few AutoX days and some good spirited drives and they are holding up fine. Probably going to get 18-20k out of them, which is honestly what I expected.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I put a set of ECS on my car in May 2018, drive an average of 700 miles per month, and run winter tires for a minimum of 3-4 months per year, depending on the weather. Tires are rotated whenever I swap from summer to winter and back, since I don't go the full 7500 in one season.

When I removed them to install my summer tires in November 2019, one pair were down to 5mm, the other pair were at 3mm left and 8mm right, since one of them was replaced after a puncture in December 2018. I checked my maintenance log, did some math, and found that I've only driven about 8500 miles on the set. All miles are city/highway, no track days, though I do treat on-ramps as playgrounds, when I have them all to myself. Despite wearing much faster than the 30,000 mile guarantee would have you expect, they're still smooth and quiet enough that the accelerated wear came as a bit of a surprise. (I did install a JB4 last summer, but I haven't gone past map 2/3.)

I'm going to see if Discount Tire can get me a pro-rated price on replacements once the weather warms up, but even if they can't, I'm not really mad about it, since I've been more than happy with them throughout my ownership, and let's be honest: buying performance tires based on how long they're going to last you is like picking a new television based on which one has the best sound. You're doing it wrong.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I will see what Tire Rack has to say about a pro-rated set too. I put ECSs on mid-April last year, drove 10k, now two are at 2/32, two are at 4/32. I do really love the tire too, and at $675 for four 235/40/18's (before mounting), I think they are a pretty dang good deal.

Last edited: