GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Jhawkgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did the pic go? It was just there?

Attachments

• 18708197-5BE2-4ADB-9753-877DBCA866A5.jpeg
    18708197-5BE2-4ADB-9753-877DBCA866A5.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 141

Jhawkgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes on the movement. Inexpensive automatic. Wanted something ‘different’ so went with brass finish. Love that Hammy, have the same one and goes with everything, true classic. Like that strap, I’m due for a new one soon. Love the quick release pins for quick change out

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yes on the movement. Inexpensive automatic. Wanted something ‘different’ so went with brass finish. Love that Hammy, have the same one and goes with everything, true classic. Like that strap, I’m due for a new one soon. Love the quick release pins for quick change out

The Hammy has an inexpensive movement as well...nothing wrong with that! Both the Miyota and ETA are robust and proven.
This one is my "strap monster". Usually have it on assorted NATO's.
But you're right, it definitely can and will go with everything, especially with an easy strap change.
I only have one strap that is compatible with quick release pins and although I was not sure of it at first, I would not hesitate to buy one again.
I've had no issues.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
For being a daily wearer that he did not baby in any sense of the word, yes, lol it is in great shape. The lighting in that pic definitely hides some of its age though.
I do not plan to have it polished or anything, however I did hit the crystal with some PolyWatch and it helped it out a bit. I think I want to leave it alone. I mean that's what you are supposed to do with vintage pieces anyway right?
But yes, I will more than likely have it serviced. Next time I see my grandfather I plan to ask him if he has any idea the last time it was serviced (I won't be surprised if he says "never" hah).
I'm hoping to get it open this weekend and depending on what we see I may leave it at the watchmaker for service.
Here is a closeup of it under direct, bright, LED light and pre PolyWatch...

Hah, sounds like me in Vegas. Well, the loosing money part....
Yikes! Take a cape cod cloth to that thing to bring some luster!
Definitely has a lot of character for that vintage!

I just got a black leather strap with white stitching and quick release pins. Quick release pins all the way and never going back.

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Helm Vanuatu. Waited a couple generations and kept my eye out for the in stock notification earlier this year and was able to snag one. Solid tool diver that has become my daily.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Ah I really wanted the Pelagos.
But I tried one on and it just felt too big for my small wrists.
I'm holding out for an all blue Black Bay...
I really want an all blue diver.