GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HOW TO: 4 bucket wash / detail - pic heavy

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
In process of switching all my towels and trying an ego blower for part of my drying routine. Metrovac is too slow at drying, especially in summer, hoping the ego will do better otherwise I’ll keep it for the yard only.

I've been using a cheap corded leaf blower and the car is relatively dry within 10 minutes. Only hassle is the extension cord...been thinking of buying a cordless one.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah i had little luck with the metrovac. But i got the smallest one. Lesf blowers help marginally.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
It’s interesting, there is another method I have seen that I like. Which is 1 bucket and 10-12 nice washing towels, use 1 per panel and throw it in another bucket. That way there is no chance of scratching. I forget the guys name, it’s on YouTube also

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ammonyc did that method. It's a little eccentric but does work for sure.

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
It’s interesting, there is another method I have seen that I like. Which is 1 bucket and 10-12 nice washing towels, use 1 per panel and throw it in another bucket. That way there is no chance of scratching. I forget the guys name, it’s on YouTube also
The “Dallas Paint Correction” guy showcases the 4-6 mitts method. He gave detailing companies a hard time for convincing customers to purchase multiple buckets, waste product and water in both buckets, purchasing grit guards for both buckets... when a few mitts + 1 bucket eliminates the chance for mitt contamination.

Last edited: