GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 HPDE Plans

How many HPDE days are you planning for 2020?

• None

• 1 to 3

• 4 to 5

• 6 to 10

• 11 to 15

• 16 to 20

• 21 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
The tracks and HPDE organizers are starting to publish their 2020 schedules. What HPDE events are on your tentative schedule for next year?

I am signed up for Thunderhill East for 2 days on Jan 25-26 with the Audi Club. The club will also be at Sonoma in early November and Buttonwillow in mid-November and those events are near certain for me too. The new ownership of NCRC will be at Laguna Seca with a weekend date at the end of April and I plan to attend that event with a bunch of friends. Finally, I plan to head up to the Ridge Motorsport Park up in Washington in August with the NW Audi club chapter. I am also thinking of hitting Thunderhill West for the first time in 5 years at some point next year but I don't have a particular date or club in mind. So tentatively, 12 track days for me in 2020.

edit: make that 14 days as I decided to do Laguna next month with the BMW club

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I usually do the following
  • Mission Raceway (to start the season, and once in the middle to tweak and tune)
  • Area 27 (1-2 times)
  • Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
But this year I'm heading to the Ridge in late September for the first time. Excited!

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
You'll have fun at the Ridge. I was there in 2017 and figure I need to head back this year to keep fresh. ACNW is heading to Area 27 in July and I was tempted, but my mates in the chapter are not going so I figured I would pass. That looks like a fun track, and the location in BC's wine country is nice too.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
If nothing breaks, i hope to get 3-4 weekends at VIR and 2-3 at SP. Given the years of excellent luck i've had with weather, perhaps 2020 will have a wet event in it...

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
If nothing breaks, i hope to get 3-4 weekends at VIR and 2-3 at SP. Given the years of excellent luck i've had with weather, perhaps 2020 will have a wet event in it...
Who do you go with at VIR? I plan on doing at least one HPDE there this year.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road and FIRM are on my list this year. I'll try to get a few autocrosses in too.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I am hoping for a day or two at Thunderhill and one at Laguna Seca. Maybe on day at Sonoma too. Probably with a few AutoX days mixed in as well. Front BBK is next on the mod list, want to get that done in March.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
When are you going to make it to the east coast Cliff? Lime Rock and Watkins Glen are calling your name...

I don't know the specific answer to when, but I do know that I will. Both of those tracks are on my list: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/bucket-list-of-tracks-to-drive-in-your-car.367859/

An instructor friend of mine retired early from Boeing and would definitely be down for a road trip. We just need to start planning it. In preparation I stopped selling back vacation time this coming year and will accrue it more aggressively for the next year or two with the intent of using it. So 2021 maybe?

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
This year I'll be running Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Summit Point Main, Palmer and hopefully one new one. I try to do about 9 - 10 days each year. Two years ago I started trying to get to a new track each year. My two newest tracks were Summit Point Shenandoah...did not like it, and Palmer in MA ...loved it.

If I can get the timing down with my son-in-law I'd like to take him to a track near Lake Worth, FL. and share the car for a day. Maybe Palm Beach Raceway?? More research will need to be done. We're aqlso doing a cross country trip and if the timing works out I will be driving my friend's new NSX at AZ Motorsports Park sometime in Feb. Mmmmmmmmm. ;>)

Navi

Autocross Champion
Post up what dates you plan on hitting Lime. Also, why did you not like Summit? I hear this from practically everyone that's been there lol.

And to answer Cliff org question.. I'm planning for 6-10 days this year. Might be on the lower side because work might be a little more aggressive this year, and I also dedicated a couple weekends to O'Neil Rally School.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Post up what dates you plan on hitting Lime. Also, why did you not like Summit? I hear this from practically everyone that's been there lol.

And to answer Cliff org question.. I'm planning for 6-10 days this year. Might be on the lower side because work might be a little more aggressive this year, and I also dedicated a couple weekends to O'Neil Rally School.

I set my dates pretty close to the event dates trying to insure dry weather (not always possible). I run with a variety of clubs and the advanced groups tend to sell out later than others, so I have some flexibility. I will definitely post when I book.

I dislike Summit Shenandoah but love Summit Main. Shenandoah is a VERY busy track, which by itself isn't an issue, but I found that it has zero rhythm. Eats up tires as well and I just don't find myself grinning near as much as other tracks.

On a positive Summit note, one of my favorite places to run is at Summit Main with their Seat Time events. You need special sign off at one of their Friday at the Track events, but it's not an issue if you run advanced and know how to get around a track safely. It's rarely crowded and there are only 2 run groups. competition cars and street. You get tons of seat time, good people, and loads of clean laps.