GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ecutek

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Just wanted to share with you guys a new (and exciting I think) tuning option for us. It's brand new for the MQB platform, so no neat custom features yet, but it's expected they will release MPI support quickly and on other platforms supports a lot of cool things like multiple maps/adjustable boost on the fly, flex fuel and more. Comes with bluetooth dongle and connects to app for datalogging, tunes adjustments (when supported).

Cost is $350 for dongle and $350 for a credit. 1 credit for ECU, 1 credit for TCU.

This is probably less exciting for MK7 guys as Cobb is already pretty well established and developed at this point. But hey, more options is always a good thing and figured I would start a discussion thread over here, the Audi forums/groups are lame.

I took the plunge and ordered it, I'll post up anything significant I come across during the process. Right now I'm running Eurodyne / Maestro, 2017 Audi S3 USDM. Contrast to the other options out there and the Cobb AP on the mk7 platform, Ecutek doesn't come with "OTS" tunes, so you would have to get a "base tune" or "custom tune" from your tuner of choice right off the bat. I don't think we really know what base tune pricing will be since it's pretty new.

https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/ecutek-proecu-programming-kit
http://www.ecutek.com/downloads/marketing/factsheets/EcuTek Fact Sheet - VW Audi Group.pdf

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Remembered Ed had a post about this earlier this month.

1577332839085.png

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
will be very interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully this gets Cobb busy in dressing MPI so people don’t switch. Competition is a good thing

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So will it have support for the 1.8?
Wouldn't mind going EQT turbo if tuning was available

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI

H22hatch

Ready to race!
I ordered it as well. Pretty sure Ed posted it on the site because I kept hassling him about wanting it for logging lol. Mine should be here next week and very much looking forward to logging my UM car.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I ordered it as well. Pretty sure Ed posted it on the site because I kept hassling him about wanting it for logging lol. Mine should be here next week and very much looking forward to logging my UM car.

Yeah for sure, even the logging/display features alone look pretty neat. I'm going to do a deep dive into logging rate/speed with it once I get it. Doing OBD stuff on my phone with an OBDlink MX, even if my phone is only paired to the car (not playing any BT audio), the logging rate decreases by about half. I'm curious to see how much faster in general the ECU Connect is and how it's affected by other connections to the device. I may end up being worthwhile to just get a standalone phone/tablet for display/logging depending on how much resolution/how many PIDs you wanna log at once.

On the facebook group, the lead dev for the effort posted something about logging 75 parameters at once at 8-9hz rate. I'm sure that's wired USB connection to computer, but that's pretty solid.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Really liked Ecutek on my '02 stage 3 WRX. Custom tuning and easy switching between maps, no problem, for more than 100K miles. If you have an excellent tuner who offers it, it's worth considering.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
The big header at the top of the fact sheet says "2.0", but who knows. They seem to be trying to target vehicles that have otherwise been left out by the other companies. I would just hit them up and see what they say.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion

Emailed them, currently no support for the 1.8T but they plan to work on it and roll it out in 2020. With MPI support as well...I’ll be holding out for this with EQT as an option

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
So this is end user tuning?

If so this is beyond exciting. I know Cobb supports end user tuning but not to the masses.