GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
It's now a true big(ger) brake kit! This is great news, thanks GTIfan99! I went with 345mm Zimmerman blanks from FCP, fingers crossed they arrive before Christmas ????

Now I just need to find low-key, affordable, strong, and lightweight 17 inch wheels that clear both the barrel and the face without spacers. Anyone have suggestions for this mythical wheel?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does it seem like the 345mm rotors the solution to the unswept area/overhang for the pads?

Thanks for leading the way in this research along with nono0044

You end up with about 1mm top and bottom.

No problem. Glad I could help. My buddies Josh and Greg made it happen.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's now a true big(ger) brake kit! This is great news, thanks GTIfan99! I went with 345mm Zimmerman blanks from FCP, fingers crossed they arrive before Christmas ????

Now I just need to find low-key, affordable, strong, and lightweight 17 inch wheels that clear both the barrel and the face without spacers. Anyone have suggestions for this mythical wheel?

RSE16 in 17 x 8.5 fits without spacers according to my conversions with their support. I sent them the template.

RSE05 in 17 x 8 supposedly fits too.

Both are pretty affordable.

Spoke with Konig too and sent them the template too. They don't have anything in a 17 that fits without a spacer.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My plan is dba 4000 T3. Not 2 piece, but they hold up really well to tracking.

That or cheap Centrics.

Haven't decided. Lol

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
RSE16 in 17 x 8.5 fits without spacers according to my conversions with their support. I sent them the template.

RSE05 in 17 x 8 supposedly fits too.

Both are pretty affordable.

Spoke with Konig too and sent them the template too. They don't have anything in a 17 that fits without a spacer.
Thanks for doing the ground work, this info is very helpful. The 15.25lb 17x7.5 RPF1s may have spoiled me but the 8 inch wide RSE05 come in at 17lbs and don't look bad. Can you share the specs that helped you to identify other options?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks for doing the ground work, this info is very helpful. The 15.25lb 17x7.5 RPF1s may have spoiled me but the 8 inch wide RSE05 come in at 17lbs and don't look bad. Can you share the specs that helped you to identify other options?

I emailed manufacturers and sent them the template. I knew I wanted 17's and knew konig and neuspeed both had 17's. Apex is supposedly doing a mk7 17 x 8.5 or 9 next year too.

I don't know of any other mk7 17" wheels.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
345mm rotors from the MK6 Golf R fit even better than the 340mm. (Please forgive the Craigslist special wheels)

Merry Christmas to us!

Attachments

• IMG_20191225_124959~3.jpg
    IMG_20191225_124959~3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 403