GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag Can Pro (VCP)

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
In my quest to retrofit power folding mirrors to my 2015 Golf TDI S, I realized I needed highline door modules to make this happen. I ended up purchasing 5q0959593d and 5q0959592d modules off of Ebay from a dismantler. The door modules came from an A3 and not a golf. When I installed the door modules all of the functions were backwards. The windows operated in reverse from the switch, the mirror adjustment axis was all jacked up, and when I would fold the mirrors one would fold while the other stayed erect. I copied my long coding over from my low line modules and enabled the power folding function but they still operated backwards. Through some research I found that I needed to get the door modules "parametized" for a golf. I initially tried this with a vas 5054a and a remote session with someone with ODIS, but we were unsuccessful to perform SVM since the door module PN's don't belong on my vehicle per the VIN. I called some local dealers and they charged over $200 minimum for programing, and I had no guarantee they would be successful.

The gentleman that was helping me recommended Vag Can Pro(www.vcpsystem.com) which can perform parametization from a .zdc file. I purchased VCP from Europrice.us for $350 shipped. It comes with one year access to downloading files, after that it is $50 a year. The program performs many functions that VCDS does, just extremely NON-user friendly. It really shows you just how amazing VCDS is for the price that we pay for it. However, VCDS cannot program modules or apply parameters. I was able to get the correct .zdc files and get my door modules working properly. At this point I have a new vag tool but little knowledge on what it can do. I did a search on this forum and there were no hits for VCP or vag can pro. I found a Facebook group for this tool but looks like I might be the only one in the United States.

Does anyone else have VCP? Anyone know any other useful functions? I guess worst case out of this I would like to make it known I have this tool and would gladly help anyone locally if they needed programming assistance(Southern California).

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Another user here from Phoenix Arizona. Purchased this product very recently too.,

Agree with all your comments about this product. Very limited/specific use plus the whole yearly subscription thing makes it too expensive., Also there is not a lot of information available on the open internet yet.

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
Successfully activated traffic jam assist on a 2019 e golf. This allows the lane assist to activate at any speed. Default is only at 40 mph and up.

hangtenboy

Car(s)
MK6 GTI, A4 (B9)
Another user here from Phoenix Arizona. Purchased this product very recently too.,

Agree with all your comments about this product. Very limited/specific use plus the whole yearly subscription thing makes it too expensive., Also there is not a lot of information available on the open internet yet.
I am in Phoenix too. Looking for someone with a VCP for my Audi A4 (B9) since the front camera needs to be flashed for TSR to be activated. Do you still have yours?

Vdubfourlife

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hey guys just found your post doing research on VCP. I just retrofitted 8 sensor park assist kit purchased from amazo/China. But of course the module is requiring parametezation. Anyway I'm always doing retrofits so I think I'm going to be joining you guy and be the 3rd guy in the US with VCP.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
Has anyone in the USA with VCP sorted out whether they can remotely parameterize brand new chinese modules with just the basic ZDC file to get them thinking they belong in a Mk7.5? Like the OP, I want the folding mirrors, for starters...

Basic wisdom was "just buy used door modules that came from a Mk7.5" Where that goes out the window is that I'm looking for 5Q0-959-592F and 5Q0-959-593F door modules from a 2019 e-Golf (or similar) chassis (Golf_R) built on or after 1/11/2019. The 5Q0-959-592B (or -592D or -592E) modules (common to Mk7 GTI) are pinned differently than the 5Q0-959-592F. In modules with the suffix -592F or -593F, two of the wide blade pins in the 20 pin connector on the module are rotated 90°. The Atlas, Tiguan and A3 all seem to use these F modules, but I have little faith the basic parameters are set appropriately to plug-n-play in an e-Golf or late Mk7.5 Golf_R.

Question for the OP, how much hassle was VCP to use to parameterize the modules? You mentioned it makes VCDS learning curve look easy. I have a VIN for an e-Golf built two months after mine, being the highest trim, that car actually used the modules I need. (legitimately did a full OBDEleven scan of my friend's 2019 e-Golf SEL with all the bells and whistles, and I know it used the modules I am trying to buy/find/create). None of you are anywhere near my location in South Florida, finding anyone to touch an EV VW Golf Mk7.5 for service is one thing. Don't even begin to inquire with the dealers here about trying to do upgrades...

Sourced a 5Q0-959-593F module from a wrecked Mk7.5 from the Netherlands, and a 5Q0-959-592F module from a wrecked 2019 Golf R from Oregon. Problem solved!

Last edited: