GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
My technique has been to check which shops use procut lathes, and then call them up to see if they can do the alignment. Theory is, the procut lathe isn't cheap, and if a shop has invested into one, they've likely also invested into the better alignment racks already. It's also good to get to know the people at local service shops, because using them frequently and being friendly leads to them shaving off little costs here and there (like I pay 80$ for tire mount/balance regardless of my tire size and 105$ for alignment regardless of time it takes them to dial in my exact spec).

I do have a shop I use regular, and get mounts and balances free because I send them business. The problem is my car can't get on their alignment rack. They recommended the other 3 places I tried, and they all had the same rack.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
1575619410428.png

Advanti storm S1 18x8 et45 with 225/40/18 Michelin PS4s. 39? lbs a corner, 16/17 lbs a wheel

Anyone have advice for running 17s? I wanna have a 245/255 fattie on a 17x9 next summer but RPF1s are out of the question because they don't fit

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
View attachment 160947

Advanti storm S1 18x8 et45 with 225/40/18 Michelin PS4s. 39? lbs a corner, 16/17 lbs a wheel

Anyone have advice for running 17s? I wanna have a 245/255 fattie on a 17x9 next summer but RPF1s are out of the question because they don't fit
Sadly there just aren't many 17x9 options. I ended up with a 17x9 storm s1 in silver after months of searching. Other options were custom forged, buying 25 sets of neuspeed rse16 custom sized, and a 17x9 that requires spacers (don't recall the wheel make since I don't care for spacers on track wheels).

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
17x9 ?? Motegi and TSW come to mind. I know the TSW Bathurst wheel comes in different offsets.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Bbs RG-R forged, 18x8 +35, 5x112. 19lbs each