GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So measured stock PP pads. Height was 63.5mm.

Looks like enough room to run mk6 R 345mm rotors with the Brembos and we'll end up with less than 2mm top and bottom of unswept area.

I'd love to know the pad material height on the Macan and Q5 3.0l.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I can confirm 17" RPF1s DO NOT clear the Macan calipers. The wheel face clears with a 5mm spacer but the caliper rubs the barrel

17x7.5 tire rack sport edition P4 wheels DO clear with 12mm spacers. Wheel offset is 42mm

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have confirmed 17 x 7.5 Konig runlites do fit with a 5mm spacer and 18 x 7.5 Pretorias fit with a 10mm spacer, with 5mm you have 2mm clearance and that isn't enough for me.

xxxxxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Car
Could someone get a rough estimate of the minimum barrel diameter you’d need to clear these? From the hub centerline out to the furthest part out of the caliper? Looking at this conversion but I run 17” enkei TSP-5 for winter. The no-go for RPF1s isn’t filling me with hope!

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Could someone get a rough estimate of the minimum barrel diameter you’d need to clear these? From the hub centerline out to the furthest part out of the caliper? Looking at this conversion but I run 17” enkei TSP-5 for winter. The no-go for RPF1s isn’t filling me with hope!

These as in the Macan ones or the TTS ones? I posted the caliper template for the Macan ones either in this thread or the other one.

xxxxxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Car
These as in the Macan ones or the TTS ones? I posted the caliper template for the Macan ones either in this thread or the other one.
Yeah I tried that (thanks) - no chance. That template said for the Audi B8 platform though, is that the same 340mm rotors?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
They run 345mm rotors. Should be around the same, especially if people are trying to run 345mm mk6 rotors.

Not sure what about the RPF1 that makes the caliper not clear the barrel

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The B9 audi A4 lists 338mm rotor are 57.1mm tall so the offset is way off when you look at the 49.7 mm Golf R rotor. So 7.4mm would have to be moved (manufacture a bracket) in order to use the A4 B9 calipers on a mk7 ,mk6, ect.

Looking forward to see the results on the Macan Brake setup.
So doing some research, I found that a 2017-2019 Infiniti qx30 front rotor is 320x30x57.1mm. I have a set of a4 b9 calipers and i test fit them on my non pp gti. With the stock 312x25x49.7 rotors on it, the pad was at the very edge of the rotor, with only 1 mm lip on the rotor. There is enough room left in the caliper for the 4mm difference in the radius of the rotors. You think this might be the solution to the 7mm offset of the a4 to mk7 calipers?

Last edited:

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
Had them installed yesterday! Everything went smoothly, the techna brake lines were perfect fit, bedding in the centric PQ-pro pads but experiencing some brake squealing when coming to a stop!

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Had them installed yesterday! Everything went smoothly, the techna brake lines were perfect fit, bedding in the centric PQ-pro pads but experiencing some brake squealing when coming to a stop!

What spec rotors?

My PQ squeak as well if they're a bit wet

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

Hoes the feel and the travel compared to the OE callipers? Do they actually feel any stronger?
Is there any pad overhang at the front of the disks?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Not sure what about the RPF1 that makes the caliper not clear the barrel
Not my photo but, this shows about were the top of the Macan calipers hits my RPF1s with 15mm spacers. (size:17x7.5 offset:48mm)
The wheel still spins while scraping so it's really really close : (

1576444886418.png