GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using 034 rear shock mounts? Or go with OE

JD-1

Ready to race!
I've been having a nasty rear clunk in the passenger rear (I made another post about it). Anyways my mechanic and I decided I might as well replace the shocks since I've been lowered on VWR for so long, replace the endlinks since I'm using a stiffer RSB and new hardware. The only thing I didn't replace... was the rear shock mounts. Noise is still present and he put the car on a lift today and we both checked for the exhaust or anything else moving around/making noise. We're both convinced its a bad rear shock mount at this point.

Does anyone know how these rear shock mounts ride? I don't want to really increase NVH and everything about 034 says they don't increase it or not by much on the product page, but people complain about the control arms, rear sway bar, etc all the time. The OE ones don't look expensive but also not much durable if these went bad already.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
i had these on my GTI and they made for a VERY uncomfortable ride. would not recommend on a daily driver.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Thanks, did you go with a oem replacement?
I ended up selling the car with them installed. I will comment that multiple people who rode in the car commented positively on how responsive it felt. But for me living with them every day the harshness drove me to hate them. YMMV