GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stationary rev and weird clicking noise

TheeBran

Passed Driver's Ed
It sounds very mechanical , as if something is closing. Could it be DV ?
Could be. I would think the clicking would happen right as soon as you would let off the gas though, this seems to take a second as the RPM drops. Do you have a boost gauge? If its a bad DV you would not be holding much boost. If any. You would probably notice quite a bit of power loss as well. You experiencing anything like that or just this noise? If its stuck shut you would probably hear some turbo flutter too higher up in the rev range. I actually know a few people who unplug their DV just for the flutter noise....

gti59

Could be. I would think the clicking would happen right as soon as you would let off the gas though, this seems to take a second as the RPM drops. Do you have a boost gauge? If its a bad DV you would not be holding much boost. If any. You would probably notice quite a bit of power loss as well. You experiencing anything like that or just this noise? If its stuck shut you would probably hear some turbo flutter too higher up in the rev range. I actually know a few people who unplug their DV just for the flutter noise....

Or maybe i could try to unplug the DV and see if the click sound is gone