GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I got the DAP kit. Anyone have much trouble with their harness or instructions?
I got the DAP MK7 to MK7.5 tail light harness. The instructions and harness left nothing to be desired. Great kit with OEM quality wiring and wire wrap. ??

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
@ZERO815 I have a NA MK7.5 GTI and I got the regular Golf Euro 7.5 outer tails (5G0945095Q & 5G0945096Q) from E-Acca. Does a standard euro tail harness or do I need a different one? I know I need different coding too from what is usually posted on the forums, especially if I want to keep my tailights blinking while I signal.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
@ZERO815 I have a NA MK7.5 GTI and I got the regular Golf Euro 7.5 outer tails (5G0945095Q & 5G0945096Q) from E-Acca. Does a standard euro tail harness or do I need a different one? I know I need different coding too from what is usually posted on the forums, especially if I want to keep my tailights blinking while I signal.
A harness for the MK7.5 dynamic LED tails doesn't work. You have several options: a) get short adapters for the outer tails to re-arrange the existing vehicle wiring b) re-pin the existing vehicle wiring and modify the existing vehicle plug yourself. In both cases there's some coding to be done. You'll have all NA light functions except for the side markers (EU parts don't have them) and separate amber turn signals.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
A harness for the MK7.5 dynamic LED tails doesn't work. You have several options: a) get short adapters for the outer tails to re-arrange the existing vehicle wiring b) re-pin the existing vehicle wiring and modify the existing vehicle plug yourself. In both cases there's some coding to be done. You'll have all NA light functions except for the side markers (EU parts don't have them) and separate amber turn signals.

Are you able to direct me to purchase these adapters for option A? I'd rather not mess up the wiring and modify the plugs. Coding isn't too difficult with some direction as I was able to code it so the NA outer tails blink when I signal.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Are you able to direct me to purchase these adapters for option A? I'd rather not mess up the wiring and modify the plugs. Coding isn't too difficult with some direction as I was able to code it so the NA outer tails blink when I signal.
He actually makes and sells adapters, would for sure recommend him

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
He actually makes and sells adapters, would for sure recommend him
Haha yeah I saw. But I thought he only made it for Euro dynamic tails, not the regular tails like what I have. But if @ZERO815 can make one for me, that'll be great!

Rana Ancha

Car(s)
Golf MK7.5R
I have the same kit as @Makkish , I got the 4 blue 8 pin connectors and repined to instructions provided, same with BCM "C" connector re-pin (swap C9 and C3) - Couple inconsistencies found:

- Inner LH tail light does not have black/white pin that can go into slot 7 (LHD only)
- BCM yellow wire from the kit says it goes into cavity C6, but it is already populated with a black/white wire.

What should I do with the black/white C6? where does that go? I'm getting my meter later this week, so I have not been able to continuity test this.
Anybody else ran into this? MK7.5R US (NAR) spec.

The config for Brakes, and park lamps has been done, and they work fine, only thing not working is outer turn signals. Inner turn signals go dynamic.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have the same kit as @Makkish , I got the 4 blue 8 pin connectors and repined to instructions provided, same with BCM "C" connector re-pin (swap C9 and C3) - Couple inconsistencies found:

- Inner LH tail light does not have black/white pin that can go into slot 7 (LHD only)
- BCM yellow wire from the kit says it goes into cavity C6, but it is already populated with a black/white wire.

What should I do with the black/white C6? where does that go? I'm getting my meter later this week, so I have not been able to continuity test this.
Anybody else ran into this? MK7.5R US (NAR) spec.

The config for Brakes, and park lamps has been done, and they work fine, only thing not working is outer turn signals. Inner turn signals go dynamic.
C6 on US cars are the red rear side markers. BK/WH on inner-left slot 7 is rear fog light, US cars don’t have that wire. Furthermore US cars don’t have separate turn signal wires. That’s the reason why you don’t have outer turn signals. Why don’t you grab the outer-turn signal (slot8) from your inner-lights (slot8)? Otherwise you can run three more wires to the BCM to get rear fog, turn signal left and right.

Rana Ancha

Car(s)
Golf MK7.5R
Thanks!

Just finished the wiring.
Wanted to follow the booklet from the kit but those instructions specific to the BCM repinout are not the best.

So, I left C3 and C9 intact, manual says to swap them but wire length is not enough and vibration could severe the terminal once the C connector of the BCM is installed. Just kept a note to inverse those in the Leuchte Config.

I also left C6 (side markers) intact, and disconnected LH outter side, and it's dedicated to the RH outter.

Spliced #8 from inner LH turn signal to cavity 8 on LH outter as you suggested.

Used the VW retrofit harness on BCM A72 to feed all lamps.

BCM configuration-
Found out of I set the intensity to 50 instead of 127, dynamic blink would not work, only regular on/off.

The last thing I have to do is clear the code for Lighting. Getting this popup every key cycle. Do you have some suggestions on what to set the lamp bit function and DTC DFCC?

Appreciate your feedback!

VagImports

Installed mine on my GTI 7.5 ROW (Argentina).
Many thanks to @ZERO815 for his help, impressed with his knowledge on this subject. I totally recommend his harnesses and coding directions for an OEM-like install of this lights.

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

IMG_1587.jpg

icebpoint

Hello,

I have a european golf 7.5 and I'm trying to retrofit the Dynamic LED taillights from standard LED taillights with the 5G1052200C kit from VW, i have already installed it's harnesses from the BCM ( did the C3 to C9 switch and yellow on C6 to the tail) to the taillights, now i just need to do the coding but since i can't use ODIS only odbeleven i would like to know if can someone give me a hand, i have already searched around but theres so many different ways to install the lights with different harnesses and US / European cars that I'm a bit lost about the correct coding with odbeleven.

Appreciate the any help.